Mori Sushi - OOE Omakase

happy shirako season, come and get it @CiaoBob

smoked bora (mullet) shirako two ways, otsumami and nigiri. this was silky and creamy, maru-san described it perfectly, just like a smoky cream cheese.

a philly roll bang bang with smoked salmon and bora shirako would be perfect!

10 Likes

That looks awesome.

not that we can make it on this trip (leaving on thursday) but what’s the booking situation at mori these days?

(post deleted by author)

4 Likes

Post deleted by author

6 Likes

what did i miss?

1 Like

Four different posts deleted by author? In answer to an innocuous query? Inquiring minds want to know, what gives?

1 Like

i dunno. recent posts referred to there being some need to figure out how to make a reservation and to one-party meals. mori’s website remains as inscrutable as usual (and behind a hijacking warning)…and so my question.

My wild ass guess is that you have to call the restaurant and schedule something in advance with him

2 Likes

so i have since been informed via dm. really not likely to work out on this trip as we only have the one night free before return and i’m sure it’s a very hard get (if they’re even open during the holidays). but we do hope to go back on our next trip (which might be as early as the summer).

2 Likes

Should I set my post to self destruct. I want to be one of the cool kids?

6 Likes

That’s the thing with Mori. It’s not a tough reservation at all. Call them up and try your luck.

2 Likes

okay, you twisted my arm. left a message. now to see if lightning strikes on schedule.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

4 Likes

just heard from them. alas the next open slot is on january 6. (and the cost is $280/head for the chef’s omakase, which is all they’re offering.)

something to look forward to on our next visit.

4 Likes

The first rule of Mori Sushi is: you do not talk about Mori Sushi.

4 Likes

Not seeing any availability there at all. Did this just get reactivated?

I think maru-san still rolling it out.

Great–I’m really looking forward to the reopening!

1 Like