Morihiro - Atwater Village

Much better and at a higher level than Shunji. I do love Takeda but Morihiro is more special, slightly more refined. I will say that I miss when he did Mori on Pico back in the day. Rice then was even more spectacular as he was growing it himself.

3 Likes

Mori-san is amazing. Shunji is kind of in his own world in terms of the food he produces. Mori does have entrees/dishes before he serves purely sushi items. He even has a chef for desserts. I think he is one of few in 2020/21 who had a dessert dishes. More than just one. I haven’t gone back in awhile because it is a lot of money, however, for special occasions it’s a place I highly recommend. It’s worth the money to taste his food as everything is unique and delicious.

5 Likes

Mori is on a higher level than Shunji or Takeda, but also these chefs are kind of all different in how they do things. We used to go to Morihiro very often, now less often (maybe 3-4 times a year) and no dinners have ever been the same. You can get as much nigiri as you want if price is no object. When we went in Dec rice was out of this world great!

5 Likes

these 2 dishes are probably what drives the price way up!