Mother Wolf

beautiful space, excellent service and as expected the porchetta and mortadella were my favorites :heart: :blush: :heart:

note, there seems to be quite a bit of overlap between the menus at felix and mother wolf.

I’ll be back for the anchovy toast and more mortadella and pizzas.

bruschetta di porchetta - porchetta della casa, finocchietto
basically an open faced sandwich with thinly sliced, luscious porchetta. excellent. must order.

ruchetta - wild arugula, parmigiano reggiano, lemon, black pepper
I’m glad they brought this out with the porchetta, the arugula and acid from the dressing was a great complement to the fatty pork.

la mortazza - mortadella di bologna, ricotta fresca, pistacchio di bronte, agrumato

if this isn’t their signature dish it should be. first they took some pizza dough and folded it in half to form a pocket and baked it in the oven until it got nice and crispy. then they filled it with ricotta and stuffed it with mortadella and topped it with pistachios and lemon evoo.

I don’t think I’ve ever had this style, they called it a “foldie” and it was delicious. must order.

spaghetti alle vongole - manila clams, aglio e olio, peperoncino
north-american-felix level al dente as expected, solid. but was outdone by the porchetta and mortadella.

mezzi rigatoni alla carbonara - guanciale, egg, black pepper, pecorino romano DOP
this was okay. very black pepper forward and rich, same as felix.

scottadito - new zealand lamb rib chops, cicoria strascinata, salsa verde

nicely cooked

cacchi - jj lone daughter ranch hachiya persimmon, agrumato, sea salt
piping cold

no toto

25 Likes

I’ve never seen exactly that, but it’s common at pizza a taglio places that if you order a single slice they’ll fold it over like a sandwich so it’s easier to eat without getting the toppings on your fingers.

Emma’s black truffle mortadella on pizza bianca hot out of the oven was the most memorable dish from our last trip to Rome.

1 Like

Felix has offered the “foldie” with porchetta as a take-out special a couple of times in the past.

1 Like

ahh i see, the “porchetta portafoglio”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMhGebnXet/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAwRS9JnkiI/

1 Like

I have a reservation for 730 on Thursday 3ppl. If anyone wants to go let me know and we can coordinate.

Deciding not to go because of omicron.

3 Likes

I’d take his appeals to ancient pasta ways more seriously if it was more accessible to everyone. Pasta, the food of the common people, now just for the rich because good pasta is undercooked and has no cream! small bowl of clam pasta is $45NB :stuck_out_tongue: i get it though… clams were jerked off as they were flown from liguria or something… i dont care about fine dining pricing… and he’s trying to make high quality food… mostly being funny… wealth gap is not new… but if you decide to focus on something like pasta don’t be this much of a prick about it… that’s bring undue attention and then we start looking at numbers…

edit* fully realize this is a basic, unnuanced, reactionary comment

18 Likes

100% agreed. Two (or more) things can be true at the same time.

5 Likes

oh and there’s a 5% “wellness charge” tacked on to your bill as a little parting gift.

1 Like

Prices aren’t that different from Angelini’s, which is relatively casual about sourcing.

1 Like

Anyone know when reservations actually drop for this? every night at midnight for a week out?

I see as of today Resy is updated through 1/11 with no availability.

It drops at midnight for the same day the following week. So like wednesday, will be reservations for next wednesday.

3 Likes

I love Italian food and want to try this place. But I am an old fogey and usually in bed by 9-9:30. Will have to figure something out.

6 Likes

These days I tend to book the 5 or 530 for whatever place I’m at - don’t have to wait for the last party to clear out and there’s less people in general so it feels slightly more safe.

9 Likes

They open at 5:30, 5:00 on Sunday. You might phone and ask about walk-ins at the start of service.

2 Likes

I too enjoy breakfast

6 Likes

Man we are really old farts. I love the first seating at restaurants like @Ns1. Get home early, change into your PJs and have a night cap or two.

9 Likes

That’s what I did with Felix. I showed up an hour early at the door. Had maybe 3 people ahead of me and walked right in when it opened.

1 Like

pizzas are the highlight

bruschetta alici e burro - cultured butter, parsley, acciughe di cetara

mailalino - porchetta della casa, bufala, branzi, patate, finocchietto

boscaiola - fior di latte, wild mushrooms, salsiccia, finocchietto

calabrese - mozzarella di bufala, salsa di pomodoro, nduja, spigarello, peperoncino

fior di latte, meringue

10 Likes

Funky.

2 Likes

Interesting choice with the no mask on ol’ Funkdog.

6 Likes