Mothers Day 2020

No one seemed to mind. The thread carried on in the vein of still discussing Mother’s Day. No harm, no foul.

8 Likes

Agreed. This is a stressful time and we are a community. I have only personally met maybe twelve of us and some family, but I hope to meet many more when we get out of this. No disrespect @banjac, but who is worried about hijacking threads when helping a virtual friend comes up? I don’t know about others, but after making long due repairs on our house, and planting the garden, I spend way too much time watching YouTube videos, and checking out FTC and seriouseats.com. Crap I miss hiking and backpacking!!!

4 Likes

That’ll be available soon… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ebethsdad and @attran99 thanks for the posts and hope you both have a wonderful Mother’s Day.

Last time I checked this is a Mother’s Day thread so I figured I’d ask my esteemed online friends for gift ideas (food or otherwise) since we are stuck indoors with covid, sorry for the hijacking @banjac hope you have a happy Mother’s Day too.

3 Likes

@hungryhungryhippos I started this thread and take no offense to the thread drift (hijack seems like a very aggressive word to use here). We’re all guilty of going on tangents. I have been guilty on many occasions.

Going to Trader Joe’s to get flowers today. From all my years of flower shopping I think Trader Joe’s offers the best value but get there early otherwise social distancing be damned.

Happy Mother’s Day to all.

4 Likes

The WF Prime flowers deals aren’t too shabby, either.

3 Likes

MB Post
I was so excited for biscuits and fried chicken for brunch that I forgot to take more photos. Bonus points to the MB Post team for packing everything up so efficiently. The heating instructions could have been better…350 for 10 minutes was not long enough to get everything to temperature…it was still lukewarm.
Everything was great. The biscuits and chicken were perfect. The chowpups gleefully went at the bread pudding and the bacon. The parfait desserts were delightful. The Blue Lake green beans were spicier than normal but it was nice to have heat to go with everything else. It was a nice way to spend the day lounging at home.

18 Likes

Wow those biscuits look amazing

2 Likes

Apparently SGV restaurants were completely overwhelmed leading to hours long lines and many people experiencing dishes not cooked properly or badly substituted ingredients.

Going out on Mother’s Day under non pandemic conditions is a complete madhouse anyway. I can’t imagine what it was like yesterday for skeleton staffed restaurants working under new health rules trying to contend with the crush of Mother Day’s orders and the expectation of frustrated customers.

Over on the SGV Open Restaurants group, there’s been a vocal minority that have been dbags about their complaints. Luckily the majority of people seem to be understanding and ripping into the complainers.

The pure utter obviousness, selfishness and lack of empathy from segments of our society never fails to horrify and enrage me.

I hope those of you who wished to celebrate Mother’s Day were able to do so with good food and well wishes as best as possible under the current circumstances. I haven’t been able to give my Mom a hug since mid-March. But I’m thankful she’s healthy and my sister and I have managed to keep them isolated and well stocked. When we can, we plan to celebrate doubly hard with lots of good food and hugs to make up for all this distancing.

8 Likes

They are my favorite drop biscuits in our area. Add their maple butter…and you get a wonderful combination of salty-sweet. All Day Baby makes my favorite flakey biscuits…and those things are the size of your hand so one is more than enough.
@Jase wishing your family well! I ordered Newport Tan Cang lobster noodles and clams with basil for my mom and dropped it off to her. She was surprised and happy to get a drive-by/drop-off with our chowpups.

6 Likes

@attran99 Thank you! The best to your loved ones as well.

Sounds lovely! My mom would have loved those dishes too!

I had shopped for her and my dad earlier in the week and loaded them up with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables which are the items they always crave.

3 Likes