2 Likes

For a good cause

2 Likes
2 Likes

live on tock

they only had March 10 and it’s sold out

they released more dates

1 Like

Anybody having trouble checking out if you’re only trying to order one bento?

1 Like

They added more slots but something is odd about the way it’s set up. I had to add an extra bento to get it to allow me to check out.

1 Like

yeah they messed up the ordering page, I ordered two and will ask them to cancel one

1 Like

they fixed it

Yes, and keep trying. I balked at being forced to buy two, but just snagged a proper order for one on Friday, so they have fixed that issue as well.

2 Likes

yeah, it got fixed and i was able to get 2 of them for the wife and i.

1 Like
1 Like

the team at n/naka are consistently making solid bentos and this ekiben japan tribute was no different. this bento focuses on dishes that can be found at shinkansen train stations throughout japan.

highlights
salmon shioyaki (niigata)
ebi chili shrimp saute (yokohama), i could eat this alone with a bowl of rice
ika yaki (aomori)
dashi poached snow crab claw (tottori)
chirashi don (osaka)

14 Likes

has anyone gone since they reopened?

have a res coming up - i heard they’ve changed the style in a positive way

I haven’t been, but I was disappointed to see they no longer do the takeout

It’s been 4 years since I’ve last gone to n/naka but the refinement in food Is very apparent. Easily one of the best vegetarian meals I’ve had in awhile.

The tempura matsutake hand roll with avocado and burdock root was insane. I got the abalone pasta but gave all the abalone away :joy:. Just love the roe sauce.

16 Likes

how was the nigiri?

1 Like

They’ve changed up the rice, using red vinegar now and a Japanese short grain (that I can’t remember), but the issue is the same as before, where the rice is a bit too cool since they are prepping quite a few before it arrives, so it does get a LITTLE bit gummy. But the rice quality and flavor were much better than before. Significant improvement - obvs not the same level as dedicated sushi spots but not expected to be.

5 Likes