Naemo - West LA

hi @moonboy403
reheating the chicken mandoo in the microwave until it was piping hot was the next best thing.

2 Likes

$95 / 2

2 Likes

Wow! I’ve had my head (and bod) in the kitchen. I missed this thread! Looks so good! :hearts::blush::hearts: even not piping hot!

1 Like

Oops no idea where the hell i got $48 from. Still great.

1 Like

Hayato’s bento

2 Likes

sneak peak at naemo x hanchic

https://www.naemo.la/hanchic

3 Likes

naemo x hanchic

another delicious meal and thoughtfully packaged and presented by arnold, ki, and the team from hanchic.

seasonal fishers’ rice - mussels, mixed rice (koshihikari, wild rice), puffed quinoa, sous vide egg, jangahchi, chives
this was meant to be a bibimbap, mix it all up and enjoy. the flavor and rice were great. my only nit, a bit too many long cut chives.

crab tang (seasonal fishers’ soup) - jalapeño, crab stock
delicious and comforting.

mama kim’s mackerel - confit mushrooms, perilla oil, grilled mackerel, gim powder, finished off on binchotan grill

SNS jeon 2.0 - dried shrimps and baby octopus, chrysanthemum, chrysanthemum puree, chili threads

this was the highlight box of the night. everything was packed with flavor. the mackerel was soft as toro with great flavor from the binchotan. and the jeon was impressively still crispy and the baby shrimp and octopus really gave it a punch of umami.

perilla somyun - sesame leaf, perilla oil, steamed turnip, dashi jelly, crab sashimi

aged flounder hwe - cucumber, turnips, gochujang vinaigrette, aged flounder, korean pears

I wasn’t quite sure how to eat this. the menu lists the sesame leaf, turnip, dashi jelly and crab sashimi as going with the noodles but they were all mixed in with the aged flounder. the flounder and crab sashimi were delicious but there wasn’t enough sauce so the noodles and sesame leaf were kind of dry.

squid soondae - pork belly, black garlic, mirin, scallions, oyster sauce, onion puree

ube mattang - charged ube foam, ube, microgreens, honey comb crumble

the squid was nice and tender and i loved the crispy honey comb crumble on top of the ube.

pyunchae purse - dill pickles, mac salad, soy jelly, mustard frills, chives

radicchio muchim - kimchi sesame dressing, treviso, dandelion greens, radish

thin slices of roast beef were stuffed with mac salad and finished on the grill, delicious.

17 Likes

Jeon and the mackerel skin stayed crispy and they were ridiculously scrumptious.

The noodz was a miss to me. They weren’t dry but sauce was lacking for sure.

1 Like

mama kim’s mackerel this sunday at 4pm at hanchic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLusWgDB8_j/

6 Likes

Looks fantastic–I’m assuming walk ups only?

yep, 4pm until sold out.

1 Like

Picked up the Mama Kim’s Mackerel on Sunday evening and it slapped.

The banchan didn’t blow me away, but the fish was so well done with the crispiest skin. The rice wouldn’t have been anything to write home about if it was not for all that fatty fish oil it got soaked in :drooling_face:

9 Likes

some changes going on at naemo

https://www.naemo.la/about

2 Likes

New menu up
https://www.naemo.la/gjp1

They are live on Tock with reservations for the next few weeks

3 Likes

Got one for next week thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

anybody know what happened to ki?

5 Likes

And it tasted…? :slight_smile:

Sorry been swamped but at least got the pics up :slight_smile:

Loved the broth; felt restorative and nicely salty on a lightly chilly afternoon. First sip hit like miso, but then the beefy flavor really came through.

The rice + greens + salmon roe was just ok…until we added the sauce, which was awesome; a little sweet a little horseradish. We saved a bit for later.

The thin pickled radish paper was a great wrap; added crunch and brightness to every bite. I only wish there were more.

I think my favorite of the banchan was the rolls, followed by the anchovy/dates/little shrimp fried medley and, surprisingly to me, the salad. Next best to me was the mushroom. Nothing else really blew me away with flavor, but it was certainly all pretty (and went well with the radish paper)

In general I thought it was a nice Friday afternoon lunch to relaxedly graze on.

5 Likes

Arnold just said he left after dsr v2. the GJP was by Hanchic chef. Going forward they will be highlighting other korean american chefs.

1 Like