Nate N Al probably gone

Family evidently cashing out on the real estate, such a shame

No!! I love that place. My first lox and bagel experience, and their fish is so good. And matzo brei.

So we are going to be stuck with only Canters?

1 Like

So upset about this- have more info will post later :pensive:

i was just there Friday! According to the article they’re just moving? Supposed to open at a different location?
Here was my dinner on Friday night, half a patty melt and half a pastrami reuben. (split with the wife)

8 Likes

:weary:

1 Like

From what I heard, the family is retiring and moving to San Diego. And, the buyer might be a customer- so who knows?

2 Likes

That looks like a proper patty melt with swiss not cheddar! rare sighting these days.

1 Like

Noooo!!!

We usually do a Nate ‘n Al / Beverly Hills Cheese Shop Holiday Bang Bang.

Shopping at Toms Toys, Lunch at Nate ‘n Al. This visit it was Chopped Liver & Corned Beef Sandwiches, and we took away fantastic Smoked/Baked Salmon (my favorite way), Cream Cheese, Egg Salad, Red Onions, Capers, Gerkins, Greek Salad & Assorted Bagels. Then on to the BHCS for some great Cheeses for when mommy & daddy are alone.

So glad to have that memory!

P.S. @BubblyOne, you have given a lot of good N ‘n A recs FTC. Thanks!

2 Likes
1 Like

Oh yay. I was wondering if the building was about to fall victim to the tear down craze going on in L.A. right now.

2 Likes

I think everyone can forget about the owners relocating the restaurant. Why would they? They have a good thing on Beverly Dr. They’re getting out, period. The solution would be for someone to buy it. But does anyone have the passion for that?

Jerry’s could buy this and effectively run them out of business like every deli they’ve taken over. They seem to have a passion for that.

3 Likes

Noooooo!!!

1 Like

The owners are relatively young (50&53), so I can see the appeal of $25 million versus slinging latkes for another 20 years.

To be honest, I would rather see it close than go into a slow death spiral like when the Lewis’ sold the Hamburger Hamlets.

Selfishly, I wish they had not made this decision. I have been eating there since I was a kid and have so many great memories. Every Sunday morning for 15 years when I lived in Century City and I still make the trek from Laguna once a month.

4 Likes

Well, when you put it like that.

2 Likes