Needle - Silver Lake

Interesting, was it not smooth?

1 Like

Have you tried using any stabilizers and which temperature is your freezer (that seems to be quite important with the creami or you moght gave to respin it)

4 Likes

Yeah I was gonna suggest as well! There’s a whole modernist cuisine line among many others.

1 Like

Creami looks creamy

https://instagram.com/stories/maxshapiro/2975303503280482138?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

2 Likes

To eat right away, it’s good enough. The texture ruined after staying in the freezer :disappointed:

Without additives most ice creams tend to have texture issues once frozen in freezer

2 Likes

Anyways, Needle will open on Fri-Sat-Sun from 11am-4pm next week. That’s all for Holiday hours update.

Look like Ryan found a cook, thankfully and I still never stop eating eggplant bamboo. What that calls anyways, loyalty or stubborn or love, why does that matter. It’s tasty.

Even when sky falls, don’t skip meal. Especially breakfast. Jk, I don’t eat breakfast :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Eggplant Bamboo goes well with everything.

*Mini Kabob is everything!

8 Likes

A bang bang with Mini Kabob is perfect.

HK Egg sandwich and cold eggplant lol probably first in history with that combo. I would eat it too for breakfast.

@Armillaria did you get to try the dinner format before he stopped?

1 Like

@JeetKuneBao unfortunately I’ve never had a chance to do the sit down dinner earlier on :cry:

Cheung fun went well with Eggplant Bamboo too :laughing: the cold noodles were out of stock. I usually eat eggplant bamboo with everything on Ryan’s menu :joy:

:new::new::new: Popcorn Chicken: Chicken thigh, citrus spice, sesame. I was giggling munching this like a happy child.

My eggplant bamboo tolerant went up again…
Tea: started with Ti Kuan Yin and ended with Royal Big Red Robe to cut down my guilt from the toast :sweat_smile: Ryan really trained me to eat toast and so much bread somehow :see_no_evil:

12 Likes

New salad. That sesame sauce!!!

I made a chicken salad at Needle :sweat_smile:

Ingredients:

Had everyone’s favorite egg sandwich because someone ate all my Eggplant Bamboo, aiya. I forgave you because this bite is golden:

//That’s all for last Sunday recap. I made a mess as usual…

14 Likes

how was the popcorn chicken?

3 Likes

Better than yours because I made the right choice :rofl: jk

It was seasoned enough for me, very warm and crispy, much better to eat it with the new salad, especial that sesame sauce!

I came very close to the end. It has gotten less busy then and that was the last popcorn chicken order of the week. Probably got extra love :sweat_smile: or extra peppers, idk :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

finally made it to Needle, and was NOT sufficiently prepared for the level of decadence of the french toast… i had a full eating itinerary planned with several subsequent stops, and had to cancel all of them… peak gluttony, peak more-ish, completely worth the reduction in expected lifespan

16 Likes
6 Likes

nice story! never thought of it as a Krispy Kreme donut

That’s a lot easier to read than the email version.

2 Likes

Thanks to Mr. Bill Addison, Needle is very lively this weekend! Quick updates for a few new dishes on their menu recently

Glass Noodles is my favorite vegan entry along with the forever loved eggplant bamboo

Chicken Congee is only available on the weekend

And the Chow udon, available with chicken or veggies (pictures are with chicken because I need protein)

Quality Assurance for the usual favorite Cherng Fun and Popcorn chicken at the spiciest level because it’s better that way…

Honorable mentioned for the Salted Egg French Toast for getting to its God level of crunchiness. No wonder this guy survived delivery through door dash:

Can’t get enough of this little place every week! It’s good.

12 Likes

Ryan said he hasn’t made fried rice for ages, so it can only get better from here. Shrimp fried rice is back for weekday specials as of today:

It’s surprisingly light (not greasy) yet perfectly coasted with flavors. Beautiful wok hei and grain separation, generously accompanied by plenty of juicy shrimps, sweet corn, chopped long bean, bamboo shoots and egg.

Pair with their signature crispy Cherng Fun and tea for a Yum Cha moment.

Last weekend new Potato dish in curry sauce with a Poached egg was so lovely as well.

Popcorn chicken has gotten much crunchier, more flavorful & juicer inside! The spiciest option tastes the best imo :stuck_out_tongue:

Glass noodles with tofu is still my favorite vegan dish besides eggplant bamboo:

Always recommend the classic you-know-who for Char Siu lovers

For curry fans, don’t skip their weekday only chicken curry. Generous portion, an easy togo option.

14 Likes

Looks so good wished I lived nearby would be there often

2 Likes