Needle - Silver Lake

You guys really need to try that!

The best shrimp and scrambled egg dish I ever had. Like I said it would make a French Chef and Chinese grandma proud of that dish.

(Never met a shrimp and egg that I didn’t like but this is the King)

4 Likes

My fav!

1 Like

Canto lessons… what does that mean?

1 Like

If you zoom in on the porridge you can see the grains partially broken or broken. This results in a slightly more creamy porridge. In general Canto/HK like it this way

1 Like

Okay got it. That’s what I thought, just checking. Does this occur naturally from long cooking or do they do something? Thanks!

2 Likes

Long cooking or you can shorten the time with yesterday’s cooked rice

1 Like

Not sure about this specific iteration, but in the Lowcountry there’s a tradition of rice middlins aka rice grits, very similar to com tam etc, where rice that broke during processing/wasn’t fit for export was consumed locally.

3 Likes

scrambled eggs & shrimp | mike and sons organic eggs, shrimp, scallion
Like eating a soft and fluffy cloud! Just look at those delicate curds that are insanely creamy.

The simple combination of grassy scallion flavor and soft scramble egg is unparalleled…

For comparison, this is what I had at the famed Australian Diary Company in Hong Kong that are famous for their scramble eggs. I’ll take Needle’s scramble over theirs all day…

16 Likes

this was a perfect 10 out of 10 on execution. the eggs were properly runny and fluffy and the shrimp were firm and snappy. loved the waft of butter as soon as I opened the box.

almond jello was much better this time with no sour or bitter notes.

17 Likes

Nice I’m glad you guys got to try it.

Honestly it’s the best scrambled eggs I ever had

2 Likes

Mmmm… I love really soft scrambled eggs.

2 Likes

You really need to try this dish!

2 Likes

Ryan Wong on podcast

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJXqNS7BS2b/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Peads and Barnetts Berkshire pork belly, honey glaze, hot mustard

@PorkyBelly

7 Likes

Wow! Needle keeps getting better and better.

1 Like

That was interesting. Never heard of rice middlins before. One day you really need to start a lowcountry cooking thread. :wink:

2 Likes

So nice to hear! I will get around to it one of these days…

3 Likes

char siu | peads and barnetts berkshire pork belly, honey glaze, hot mustard
Incredibly decadent and absolutely delicious. I think it would be better if I ate it on the spot while the creamy fat is pipin’ hot and even more melty. Eating this with white rice is a must.

beef curry | short rib, potato, tomato, carrot, yellow curry, chili oil
:drooling_face:

18 Likes

Is that the Extra Fatty or Fatty? I’m going to assume you didn’t get Regular :wink:

It was a regular.

tenor

I don’t think it needs anymore marbling to be honest. :crazy_face:

4 Likes