NOREE THAI on Beverly (from Chef Pia and Chef Fern of Luv2Eat)

Weird… Never heard of it and i’m right around there. Thanks!

oh ya the burger I had last night at Golden State was top tier 100%, great burger.

1 Like

It’s on 3rd and Crescent Heights in the space blue plate oysterette used to occupy.

so stopped by last night AGAIN, and they said this Saturday night (may 5th) now.

you really want to taste that machinery oil huh. :slight_smile: let that kitchen get a workout, bro/sis

adds umami

Anyone go this weekend?

So they opened yesterday at noon… and Me and my friend were the first customers! (Pia asked us to take a picture with her hahaha)

Food was great as you’d expect, the classic luv2eat flavor.

They are still getting their bearings obviously (as we were the first customers) but I will be going quite frequently.

Hours will be 11am-11pm Monday - Sunday

Got the Beef Special, jade noodle, and a really tasty spicy eggplant dish w chicken and pumpkin.

8 Likes

damn $15 - $19 for the jade noodles? jade-inflation.

5 Likes

They got the Braised Baby Squid with ink here!!! Yes!

Still $12.50 at Luv2Eat. Rent’s probably a lot higher at the new place.

YESSSS… .IT’S LEGIT!!! i knew it would be… this is a huge improvement of life for us

true! i’m going to have a tough time ordering the 18$ papaya salad tho (after TT)

2 Likes

What $18 papaya salad? I see $14 in the photo. At Luv2Eat they have four versions from $10 (plain) to $20 (or $17 to $27 tray size).

So everything seems about $3 or so more expensive here. It’s understandable, as the rent is surely higher. The cool thing is the menu looks totally legit and they brought over some of the great items from Black Rabbit Rose.

That said, for $15+ the jade noodle portion better be good enough. They started making it smaller and smaller at Luv2eat, to the point where when we go with a group of 4, we have to order two orders.

2 Likes

+TT (tips, tax) it’s 18. It’s fine, i know the area and it makes sense and we will go a lot, but wont be ordering the papaya

The version with salted crab, black crab paste, and fermented fish sauce is $14 vs. $12.50 at Luv2Eat.

i’m glad to pay the premium for the location (I can walk haha) and the food is excellent. The rent is definitely higher here than a strip mall in Hollywood.

The interior and set up (nice cloth napkins) is also nicer inside…you could take a high end client here compared to luv2eat which is…you know a little more casual.

1 Like

i’ll still be driving to thai town most of the time for my thai needs… like the bday party this weekend for 12 people. … but when we just want to walk this is so nice to have… not ordering the pad thai for $16 (w TT) either.

I tried to go for lunch today but it was closed. Nothing taped to the door to indicate why.