November 2022 Rundown

Relying on you to single-handedly revive the NYC subboard here - will join you next year.

2 Likes

I am not sure why these posts don’t get posted there - I love them but it’s confusing AF to have them all over the LA Region Board @robert

4 Likes

I encourage you to keep on posting on the monthly rundowns it’s great to see a different part of the country!

5 Likes

Not to backseat moderate, but rundown I think is fair game for nationwide posting - I don’t think any of the other subboards have the activity to sustain more.

4 Likes

Yeah, people have been posting to these LA-category rundown topics from wherever for a long time.

2 Likes

I like @JeetKuneBao’s posts here, as others have mentioned, there’s not a lot of action on the sub-boards. But I do think it might be really useful/helpful/whatever to have a link on the NYC board (for regulars and newbies who might be randomly looking for info for the area)?

I made a “dummy” thread there for hyperlinking (so maybe on-going threads about other places could have a hyperlink for cross referencing?). It doesn’t take too many more steps (IMHO).

JeetKuneBao’s NYC (and nearby) eats

6 Likes

While we’re on the NYC subject @JeetKuneBao you know anything about The Ocky Way?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkuIF2JvFjO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Is this as influencer-cringey as it seems or is this guy at all legit?

1 Like

Have a 6p res for 2 tomorrow at paella concept I won’t be able to use. Anyone want it? $55pp and I already paid $40 so you’re looking at $70 for the below menu.

2 Likes

Holbox is :heart:

21 Likes

Quan an 909, Garden Grove, all things :goat:
Best goat curry, and the accompanied baguette is phenomenally fluffy.
Goat hot pot is great for sharing.
This is cật dê cháy tỏi:

17 Likes

Jade noodles (double protein style) to go, from Sapp Coffee Shop (Thai Town)… Pairs great with their longan juice, easy ice!

13 Likes

Wat Thai Temple - North Hollywood

Moo ping :heart_eyes:

Shrimp pad Thai :heart_eyes:

Duck noodle soup :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: wtf, the broth was delicious!

Also (not pictured) the e-san sausage which is so delicious eaten with the cabbage, Thai chili, ginger and sticky rice. :heart_eyes:

Tendon Tempura Carlos Jr

Tamagoyaki w/ oroshi

Deluxe tendon w/ extra nori :heart_eyes:

Dat rice with egg and spicy condiment :heart_eyes:

20 Likes

Yangmani in Rowland Heights. The original branch is in Koreatown. Very high quality meats. Good banchan selection. They are known for their intestines but the meats and pork were excellent. We’ve heard of this
place through many friends who say it’s their favorite KBBQ place. I’d put it up there with anybody. Good mix of intestines, meat, pork and supposedly they bought the DTLA Ong Ga Nae. The stewed bulgogi with the glass noodles, mushrooms and vegetables are a carbon copy. Everything was really good. The abomasums (4th stomach) was fantastic. Everybody enjoyed the tongue, pork belly and brisket. Highly recommend.

13 Likes

I’ve seen worse ideas for Thanksgiving dinner.

5 Likes

I’ve got to say that HK style with sticky rice is my favorite Thanksgiving turkey prep.

2 Likes

Thanksgiving spicy galbijiim ala Sun Nong Dan no blowtorch

6 Likes

They have those on the east coast?

1 Like

They do but it doesn’t look as good as SND in LA.

I made that.

Soaked the ribs.
Clean the ribs.
Make a stock. (Daikon, garlic, scallion, ginger, peppercorns).
Strain the stock.
Make the galbijiim sauce.
Pour the galbijim sauce onto the ribs and add water.
Boil.
Add carrots, and potatoes.
Boil.
Add rice cakes.
Slow cooker until tender.

PAIN IN THE ASS!

5 Likes

Ahhhh I misread I thought you got it from sun nong Dan. Looks great and happy thanksgiving!

1 Like

Pizzeria sei

I feel like the hype has died down from its original fever pitch, but this pizza is still some of the best in the city. Stopped by at 3pm no wait Sergio was in the house.

So good!

18 Likes