November 2022 Rundown

Post-Halloween festivities…
#EatAtJoe’sSantaMonica
#MidnightDining
#NYstyleLA

15 Likes

Did you just get that in the last 25 minutes?

#RundownPolice

8 Likes

Started attacking it at 12:00:01AM, cuz I knew somebody might ask.

9 Likes

Egg Tuck opens its 3rd location in Westwood VIllage (on Gayley, across the street from Whole Foods). Incredibly fluffy eggs with toast; I like my Egg Tuck sandwich embedded with bacon. Better than Eggslut…

15 Likes

I really want to love egg tuck…. But there is something they put in their eggs that makes me feel ill about half way through their sandwiches. It has to be something like whipped butter or something….

6 Likes

I just can’t help myself

15 Likes

Not November, but close enough.

Quan Mii - Westminster

Young coconut

Mi quang

Banh xeo

Attari - Westwood

Beef koobideh juicy AF

Pola’s Mariscos - Montclair

Shrimp and fish taco

Shrimp and fish ceviche tostada

This place is delicious. The ceviche is made fresh so the texture of the fish and shrimp is luscious.

Chong Qing Special Noodles - San Gabriel

Wonton w/ spicy sauce - ma la bomb :fire:

Dan Dan noodles

19 Likes

Sui > Holbox > LAFC

Absolutely incredible day

19 Likes

That game was nuts glad you got some food in prior!

3 Likes

Did your frozen SUI croissants make it home ok? What did you get at Holbox? I haven’t been!!

Packed everything in a Yeti with some ice packs and it all made it to the freezer at home safely.

Sui
These are much more delicate croissants and far less flakey than somewhere like Artelice. The fresh baked almost ate underbaked, but they definitely were not. I devoured all 3 fresh baked croissants on the way to Holbox and will gladly grab some more next time I head that way.
Burnt Cinnamon Croissant A+
Almond Croissant A+
Croissant A

Holbox
Thanks to everyone on this board for screaming about Holbox. It absolutely lived up to the hype. I ordered a whole bunch of stuff and there were no misses. I definitely plan to go back to work my way through the rest of the menu.
Scallop Ceviche A+
Smoked Kanpachi Tostada (they forgot to bring this one out :frowning: )
Shrimp Aguachile A+ (transparent sea farms is killing it. the shrimp heads were delicious.)
Scallop Taco A++
Pulpo Taco A
Taco de Pescado al Carbon (my buddy ate this one and loved it)
Sopa de Mariscos A++
Langosta al Carbon A+

15 Likes

Pro-tip: get dry ice and then you can grab ice cream from places like Konbi to take home for the week.

7 Likes

You’re officially my idol :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed::bowing_woman: thank for the list from Holbox, I’ll come out and try them!!!

@attran99 Konbi Pistachio and Sweet Rose Salted Caramel deserve all my dry ice :sweat_smile::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I will pay $12 for salt and straw, but I’m not sure I can stomach $28 for pistachio ice cream from Konbi.

3 Likes

where’s the go-to place to buy dry ice?

1 Like

smart & final

6 Likes

I always do this when I’m on the go if I come across anything cold & tasty dry ice near me - Google Search

(I alway have at least an emergency cooler/freezer bag in my trunk just because…)

Wait, omg: Best 30 Grocery Stores That Sell Dry Ice in Los Angeles, CA with Reviews

Yellow pages!!!

1 Like

In my hood, I stroll to Athan’s Ice House in SFS.

But @hppzz is right. Smart & Final always has a supply.

3 Likes

Gyutan Tsukasa - Costa Mesa

7 Likes

Queens bound. Stay tune for some bang bangs

6 Likes