October 2019 Rundown

From their website that looks great. I will have to check it out.
Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

True. So the question is, how do they “wash” their bowls and utensils for additional orders? :open_mouth: :wink: If it’s a quick rinse in a plastic tub of water and off to the next person, that’s OG. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If you have to ask, you don’t wanna know.

3 Likes

if only he had a bamboo yoke and two pots latched on to it and carried it on his shoulders for a couple miles…without spilling a drop of broth.

2 Likes

I like it’s only open for 3 hours…when they are out they are out. No bland pho.

Solves the inconsistency with pho shops we see.

I wanna try. But I’ll be driving past SGV/Little Saigon and everything in between.

I honestly rather see Bun Cha Hanoi and Bun Thit Nuong Cha Gio. Pork grilled over some coals. With same street set up.

3 Likes

Agreed. Outside of occasional night markets, it’s an untapped market. We may be seeing it with @banhxeoboys but they are mainly catering and not slinging on the streets.

Ooooh some street bun Cha would be amazing.

He should just remove the table and have ankle high stools only!

1 Like

This is probably the updated menu

1 Like

Still not a bad deal. T&T for $10.

I swear Suehiro has bipolar pricing. $7 lunch specials, but also $30 unagi dons and $7 draft beers.

1 Like

Local pricing and tourist pricing.
Suehiro has deep roots in the Little Tokyo community.

1 Like

LSXO :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: worth the trek to Huntington Beach since it tastes better than every Little Sister location for me.

Alcohol

Octopus Terrine :heart_eyes: this was fantastic, there is so much finesse and each flavor was apparent and complex, adding to each ingredient. The octopus was so tender you could tear it apart with chopsticks, and at times, I did.

Imperial Spring Rolls - fresh, flavorful, fun, served piping hot with a really good chili sauce. Fish sauce lyfe for those planning post meal make out sessions while the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean.

Stir fry eggplant with lap cheung - about as good as it gets as far as cooking eggplant, good flavor although not as interesting nor as flavorful as the rest of the meal. Stick with the papaya salad.

Bo Kho :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: - really enjoyed this and unlike any version I have had at more traditional Vietnamese eateries. The broth was lighter yet viscous from what I assume is cooked down gelatin and bone marrow. It was lighter spiced than what I have had and I the spice blend milder, which I believe was a great touch to the dish. It was served with a freshly baked (or par baked and heated to order?) baguette and whipped butter (with and without chili oil) and house pate. Rip a piece of baguette, smear some butter and pate, dunk that fucker in the hot broth and commence inhaling that perfect bite. The warm broth melts room temperature butter to a gravy consistency for pure decadence. I love that the baguette is dusted with sea salt as well, pure perfection. What a great spin on this dish! The green cilantro on top makes it healthy.

Kagura

Chawanmushi - yum

Tomahawk Tonkatsu - good, not as good as the regular nor the mille fueille with cheese.

HiHo

Triple HiHo spicy, no ketchup

Key lime pie - fuck yes :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

Great post!

2 Likes

Now I really need to try LSXO.

2 Likes

You had me at Bo Kho

1 Like

Yes you do! We’re overdue for a visit, too. It’s in our top 5 for sure. Plus it’s only a $7 Uber ride for us.

2 Likes

are the imperial rolls and bo kho different recipes than little sister’s or just executed better?

Same recipe, just for some reason the dishes just taste better here. I chalk it up to better execution but that’s just me.

Luke Skywalker’s beverage of choice, Blue Milk.

Save your money for a churro, Dole Whip, or corndog. I taste neither “rice milk” nor “berry”.

There is green milk, but I don’t acknowledge that movie green milk is featured in.

(Tip: if you don’t pull the pilot card at the Falcon ride just tell the operators you are willingly to wait. Same if you want to sit in the front at Space Mountain. I can’t help you with Club 33)

4 Likes

Tried my hand at El Ruso this am. The asada is certainly the stand out here. Chorizo was pretty good as well, and if I’m going to have a grilled taco de pollo for some reason, thats about as good as it gets but could have used a bit more salt. The tortillas are definitely on point and the red salsa kicks.

the salsa sinaloa reps puttin in work

5 Likes