Osteria Mozza - Hancock Park

Don’t sleep on the whole fried fish

1 Like

That sounds like a difficult surface on which to get some rest… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Thanks Dad :joy:

9 Likes

:octopus: is great too

1 Like

Not if it comes from the seabed.

2 Likes

Sounds like going to the mattresses and end up sleeping with the fishes.

2 Likes

what is this? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on the menu.

The bartender described it to me as a “filet mignon in french onion soup”, which wasn’t far from the mark. It’s a filet mignon served on a soup plate with brown broth at the bottom, and the filet mignon maybe 1/4 inch submerged in the brodo.

I do think it’s a newer item on the menu.

4 Likes

thanks, i’m intrigued. i’ll check it out if it’s on the menu next time.

picture from yelp:

4 Likes

Like a Bollito misto sans the misto

1 Like

Is that the pan-seared filet with brodo di Parmigiano that’s on the sample menu?

Yup that’s the one

would people say the octopus is overrated or not necessarily a “must get” here? I love octopus but in general am looking for standouts and find most to be “good-great” if that makes sense

the octopus wasn’t a must order for me.

1 Like

I don’t remember octopus at Mozza. At Chi Spacca it was great.

1 Like

Ricotta & Egg Raviolo with browned butter is one of my favs

1 Like

Anyone know what happened to the special pasta tasting they used to do a couple days per week? No mention on the website, I called to ask and they said it’s not offered right now. Curious if it’s gone for good, or if there’s hope of it ever coming back. Anyone have inside info?

what’s the best thing to order at the mozzarella bar??

same answer

2 Likes

You mean from the Mozzarella Bar section of the menu? This time of year, the mozzarella di bufala with tomatoes (i.e. caprese).

If you mean sitting at the bar, there’s not a different menu. This time of year, prosciutto with melon, panzanella, wax beans, Jimmy Nardellos, shell beans. You can see a lot of the food getting made so you might get inspired.

1 Like