Outdoor dining for Chinese food in SGV

Hi, I’m having a hard time finding outdoor dining options in the SGV now that covid restrictions are lifted . I originally wanted dim sum but can’t seem to find a place that still has outdoor dining. Does anyone have any recommendations for Chinese food in general that still has outdoor dining in MP, Alhambra, San Gabriel area?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to FTC, Munchies!

As I recall, Tam’s Noodle House in San Gabriel and also Alice’s Kitchen in Monterey Park both have outdoor seating (under a canopy). Hope this helps!

1 Like

I was at the Burlington Coat Factory mall in Arcadia a couple of days ago and saw large tents all over the parking lot, associated with a number of different Chinese and Japanese restaurants. I haven’t been back to see what the scene’s like at night, or even if the tents are still in use (they weren’t that hot day), but I imagine it could be pretty jovial.

1 Like

Yes, it’s true throughout the San Gabriel Valley that outdoor dining is still the norm for Chinese restaurants (or a hybrid indoor-outdoor), aside from the really large capacity restaurants where incurring the costs of indoor dining do make economic sense. Drive on any of the major streets and you’ll see tents all over the place. The only tent I know that is standing but not operative is NBC Seafood. Indeed the preference in the SGV for outdoor dining is so strong that one eatery that opened up indoors has reverted to takeout only because nobody was coming in to sit down.

I do think that for dim sum, Top Island and Sea Harbour might still be in the hybrid category.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if Sea Harbour is still tented? Or Elite?