Pacifica Del Mar

Lunch at Pacifica Del Mar today. 'Twas quite good, especially the Manhattan :wink: Would definitely go back.

6 Likes

Looks good! I’m glad ot hear they did well–I sadly haven’t been in years, since moving to SD proper, but I used to really enjoy them!

I hadn’t been in years either, in fact, I got lost finding them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Food was good, service was good, view was very good

The meat dish looks delicious, whatever it’s supposed to be. (Maybe something Peruvian?)

But hey, where’s the maraschino cherry in that Manhattan – or had you already eaten it? I like to put the cherry into Manhattans and Rob Roys to add a touch of its flavor to the drink and then munch it dead last.

Rob Roys have become second only to classic martinis as my DH companion and my favorite cocktail. And normally on Christmas Day we would go into LJ to have one at Georges Bar, but maybe not this year with the predicted rain.

The meat dish was actually short rib hash with broccoli and a couple of poached eggs. It was quite good :grin:

This Manhattan didn’t have a cherry in it, altho’ it should have. I make a really good Manhattan. I use dry vermouth instead of sweet and use cherry juice as the sweet component.

My Rob Roy for two is three shots Johnnie Walker Black, one shot Martini & Rosi rosso, and exactly 8 drops of angostura bitters. Swirled in ice, sieved, and served in a classic Martini glass. Plus, of course, a marchino cherry in each drink. Delicious!

Since there’s been no ongoing activity on this thread, I thought I’d add that the marchino cherry that I use in my Rob Roy cocktail is a Signature brand stemmed cherry, right from Von’s – neither rinsed nor wiped off so as to add the tiny tad of sweet liquid that’s on the cherry into the drink.

I’ve had some really amazing marchino cherries in Rob Roy’s at bars, but I don’t think the drink really needs one that comes in an imported 6 oz bottle costing $35. The bright red Von’s cherries (like those used on some desserts) are more than good enough.