Pandemic Al Fresco Dining Done Well

hatchet hall?

3 Likes

I thought of HH. I just asked her what California fusion is… waiting.

Answer: “American restaurants that have an asian, mexican, or European flair… I think the “food” word for it is just California Cusine” She’s off of Italian at the moment.

1 Like

Republique and call it a day

Republique brunch fits this perfect with its French x Filipino vibes

3 Likes

Gjelina

1 Like

“California cuisine” to me suggests Rustic Canyon. Or maybe Michael’s?

2 Likes

The Rose in Venice or Fia in Santa Monica.

2 Likes

Rustic canyon exec chef Andy Doubrava is a good follow on Instagram. Very creative.

1 Like

Thanks All!

She’s going to Hatchet Hall with her kids. So I sent her a few other options & this link posted up-thread. It has a few cool options but seems a little lite (no Rose Venice?). She selected Post & Beam - nice garden patio, within budget, central locale, plus they have a new owner & team with Hatchet Hall alumnus, Martin Draluck, as Chef de Cuisine. Looking forward to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Honestly, idk if all this sanitizing stops the spread of COVID-19 or not. I’m just glad peeps are washing their hands more & restaurants are cleaning their germy tables.

5 Likes

I dunno the status of the restaurant itself, but the Michael’s building is being heavily renovated right now.

I guess it’s possible, but I’ve been walking by it fairly frequently and that building looks pretty gutted

Resy lists three seating areas, all outdoors, and has a detailed list of pandemic precautions.