Pandemic Al Fresco Dining Done Well

Good to know. I always think of The Rose & daytime.

6500 sq ft, HVAC, air filtration, and wooden floors, “outside”

l’extérieur

6 Likes

This is rose?

spago

2 Likes

Was gonna say damn they got some of that westside tech funding

And the chow? I assume you weren’t there to inspect the parquet.

3 Likes

Have folks here tried that famous Spago salmon pizza, and how is it? It looks incredible but I never think to go there.

1 Like

Butter

4 Likes

the soup and pastas were great. mains were solid, albeit a bit safe. desserts (kaiserschmarrn with harry’s berries and cookies and cream souffle) were standouts. plus no mosquitoes.

the only thing that sucked was having to walk by all the salt bros, bouncers, and paparazzi, outside of nusr-et. I felt like I needed a shower afterwards.

spring sweet pea soup - sugar snap & english peas, preserved lemon, mint, maine lobster

grilled spanish octopus - early harvest white corn, kashk, black basmati rice crisp, sabzi

garganelli pasta with maine lobster - dungeness crab, wild ramps, calabrian chili, shellfish broth

agnolotti del plin - sweet peas, mascarpone, marjoram

crispy scale black sea bass - young garlic, fingerling potatoes, sicilian olive oil, saffron, bay

new york sirloin steak grilled over hardwood
& roasted potatoes, mushroom duxelles, red wine reduction

12 Likes

My favorite main at Spago is the wienerschnitzel. Pricey but delicious.

2 Likes

Yah, we probably had our car in the lot about 2.45 hrs and it was $21.00. :flushed: We don’t mind paying a little extra even with validation. When we were broke kids we’d even pay the extra for going over-time. We wouldn’t leave the car if it was a dinky parking lot but it’s not - there’s plenty of spots. Now I know why! Never again.

1 Like

This is amazing

7 Likes