Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

I think the noodles and the charsiu were both great. I took it home and reheated the broth to eat. Was fantastic…noodles still springy and a nice texture. Charsiu was lucious and tasty. It was super comforting to me. I think Chef Lee’s take on it is just different than what I ate growing up.
My Mom’s broth is more meaty-savory rather than the herby-fresh-savory Chef Lee achieves. She also tosses her noodles in a crispy shallot oil-sweet soy mix. I’m also used to a kick of lime for my noodle soups.

5 Likes

So uh was this the fabled An Com collab or something else?

1 Like

I don’t think so. It didn’t show up in the An Com IG feed. I’m not sure what was the driver behind this.
But when it goes live…if this weekend was any indication, it’s going to be insane.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t have the same experience as @attran99 and @Chowseeker1999. My char siu was dry and didn’t look like the juicy, fatty pieces @Chowseeker1999 had. The broth was light, clean, and subtle, could have been a bit more seasoned, the noodles I thought were fine. The wontons though were great, some of the best I’ve had.

4 Likes

Apologies about the charsiu, next time if you ask us to make sure its fatty we can make it happen, I’d say the pork neck we use tends to be well marbled 80-90% of the time but sometimes there are leaner parts (which some people do prefer but if people dont say anything they may be served indiscriminately by chance).

7 Likes

Iced out for the second time in four weeks. After ordering too late in the day a few weeks ago, I texted bright and early yesterday morning and then again when they opened. No response. Called a little later and most everything was out. Will definitely call next time…third time will be the charm!

1 Like

I called in at 11:05. Order confirmed and about 40 minutes later, I saw the sold out notice on IG. PRD was hot this weekend.

4 Likes

Yup. Glad to see that they’re doing well! They definitely need to keep com ga hoi an on rotation!

4 Likes

Hopefully this means the social media push really helped and the momentum carries forward @JLee don’t ever be shy with advertising yourself!

3 Likes

Contact me directly us directly on instagram for best chance, sometimes our phone line gets too busy apologies!

4 Likes

more hainan chicken @TheCookie
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDPFDHkj-Oc/

5 Likes

lemongrass grilled bone in pork chop, fried egg, pickles, scallion relish
this was great, thick cuts of juicy, tender, pork and crunchy pickles. the pork was a clear step above in quality than your usual pork chop and broken rice dish. the only thing missing was the nuoc mam which was missing from mine for some reason. good thing i was able to BYONM at home. @Chowseeker1999

com ga hoi an
i’m not too familiar with this dish but enjoyed it quite a bit. the dish was extremely fragrant with all the fresh herbs and there was a bit of acid in the rice. chicken was also perfectly cooked and delicious.

14 Likes

That’s exactly what I did. It was very efficient. Thanks.

Yep both dishes are delish, especially the Pork Chops (to me). I wonder what the acid is in the Com Ga Hoi An?

lime?

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, citrus. :thinking:

1 Like

I noticed on an insta photo the special sign says “yeet hay life”.

I’ve only encountered “yeet hay” used as a negative connotation to describe foods that may be unhealthy or cause inflammation (regardless of whether they are tasty or not).

Does “yeet hay” have a new colloquial meaning that I’m not aware of? @JLee or others?

One could argue that that is a positive connotation

3 Likes

Most likely a tongue in cheek remark.

2 Likes

I think he is just embracing it and having fun.

2 Likes