Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

I wouldn’t change a thing with your hainan chicken @JLee, except for maybe offering it more often.

13e9c1348a08c4e1c6605bf79383b1e2

8 Likes

@PorkyBelly green curry is back

7 Likes

The hits are back.

9 Likes

And sorrowful rice! Tomorrow and Sunday

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up on the sorrowful rice. Just put my order in!

3 Likes

How did you like it?

More Hainan :hatched_chick: today.

7 Likes

Also agreed! Love the shrimp balls! The curry is also nicely rich/creamy/fragrant while also being decently spicy.

2 Likes

Sorrowful rice was really tasty! Chef really is a master of balancing flavors. His five-spice was the star of this dish for me.

I enjoyed the Hainan Chicken. I didn’t grow up eating the dish, so I don’t have a great frame of reference. Great supple texture. I think I personally prefer more flavor forward chicken dishes. Maybe I will try his gai yang next time.

Got green curry & rice (ready to eat) rather than the deli item this time. I wished there was more gravy and I was curious about the texture of the eggplant. It still was quite raw. If it were a steak it would not be medium rare, but rare. I was wondering if that was intentional. Still tasted great!

Mapo sauce is in the fridge and awaiting it’s solo performance. Will add it to ground pork and House brand tofu, because making Mapo Tofu with Meiji Tofu is against my religion.

7 Likes

got the deli version of the green curry and i agree with @Starchtrade, the eggplant was still raw, as in still hard and crunchy. not the soft, creamy texture it was last time. the curry and shrimp balls were still great, but it’s a shame about the eggplant.

6 Likes

@attran99

10 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Also PRD is doing duck!

3 Likes

Typhoon Shelter Shrimp! Look at all those yummy bits of garlic, ginger, shallots, chiles

2 Likes

I know, I think I’m more excited about the “sauce” than the shrimp itself!

1 Like

I’m missing the bang bang noodles…going to be a hot enough “winter” to have them year round

I saw a photo. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Same experience with eggplants! Probably got the same batch.

1 Like

:rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: Duck Alert :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

12 Likes

What’s the best way to order from PD these days?
Day before vs. day of, text vs phone vs IG message ???