Last order of the lamb ribs

Last order of the pork jowl char siu

Test roast duck, just out of the oven

@JLee carving the duck

My sample

2nd duck being aged

Curry bao/pan, made by @JLee’s brother

Inside of curry pan

Also took home an order of the beef stew over noodles (an excellent version, one echoed by a couple of older Canto couples who came back to order after trying it last week), 2x siu mai, and a block of Meiji tofu for me to make chilled tofu during the week.

16 Likes

How awesome it must be to be @JLee’s guinea pig! Looks amazing.

9 Likes

I know, I was totally like, “How the hell do I get to try the test dishes???” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I put out regularly. And I’m what you call an influencer with my 1k IG followers, and leverage that to get free food :laughing:

9 Likes

Please follow @chrishei on IG! He needs more followers

6 Likes

He’s no guinea, just a pig haha

15 Likes

Tried PRD for the first time today, it was :fire:. Loved how easy it was…order over text, venmo your payment, text when you arrive, and the food was brought out curbside for a contactless pick-up. The Shroom Chow Fun was the surprise standout for me, but loved the Char Siu Combo and Macau Pork Chop Bun as well. Can’t wait to return and try more. Thanks @JLee for an awesome meal.

12 Likes

awesome, thanks for stopping by! Feel free to introduce yourself next time!

4 Likes

We will refer to him as Roast Hei (roasthei) from now on :muscle:.

3 Likes

Will do, will definitely be back soon!

1 Like

Also tried for the first time today. Just finished, in fact. Socially distant family dinner (sitting outside) with a niece and picky nephew—niece is great, nephew is usually the nightmare. Key word “usually.”

Total home run for all parties involved. Wow. Sando was amazing, as advertised. Nephew’s new fave. Apparently I got among the last few sandos of the day. Loved the mushroom chow fun and the char siu combo. Benefit of a larger group was the chance to try more stuff, and that more stuff for me was the mapo tofu, which was absolutely delicious. Wife doesn’t like the spicy so I usually never order the spicy. Mapo wasn’t super spicy but had a nice kick and I’m glad I could try it. Would have eaten the whole order myself.

Super nice staff, helped answer my questions from me and the extended fam up until we ordered. Threw in a bottle of soda for my wait even though the food was ready in the window we had agreed upon (I got there early—no traffic!). Everybody loved it—I had suggested PRD after seeing the discussion here (not sure how I missed it earlier) and wanting desperately to try something new. Awesome!

19 Likes

They sell the mapo sauce in their fridge, you can add your own tofu or you can buy Meiji tofu there. Cook up some ground meat and you’re good to go!

6 Likes

Who has two thumbs and scored the leftover mapo tofu? Also, please don’t judge me/us on the basis that there were leftovers.

5 Likes

I tried Pearl River Deli for my first time this weekend too! I came for the pork chop bun but that Shroom Chow Fun was the hands down fave in my family!

Got a container of the mapo sauce from the case and a couple of packs of Meiji tofu. The sauce did the rare job of not being too spicy for me but spicy enough for my heat junkie husband. It’s good with just tofu - no need to add meat!

11 Likes

We really loved the Mapo To Go Sauce as well.

I can’t link to the IG post for some reason, but PRD is offering their Hainan chicken for this Sat and Sunday. Preorders possible!

$22 half chicken set / $40 whole chicken set - comes with rice, broth, deboned chicken meat, gailan, pickled cukes, and the sauces.

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAboCHlj87Y/

5 Likes

I looked through all the memorial day barbecue options and decided that I’d rather have some char siu so gonna make the trek down here for the first time! Appreciate all the pics on this thread. Will be seeing you in my belly soon.

3 Likes

This weekend we are expecting to be quite busy but I’d recommend Sunday over Saturday if you can, also coming after 1PM will ensure minimal wait too if you are flexible.

11 Likes

Glad it’s getting busy for you!

4 Likes