Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

Want!!! @JLee

10 Likes

Nothing more Cantonese than that :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Visited last week

10 Likes

Asked Johnny if he’d be game on doing a Cantonese Seafood dinner for us - go crazy on ingredients and just make what he thinks would be the best renditions of the classics. He delivered big time. Thanks for opening up the shop on your day off

29 Likes

wow, that looks (as the kids say) EPIC!

Dude! That is one hell of a meal. Props for asking. Maybe I can use my Jedi mind tricks and get a PRD x Needle collab.

Is it possible to learn this power?

Not from a Jedi.

2 Likes

Were you able to eat any of that? I thought you were vegetarian?

Also is this maybe an FTC buyout sitch? @attran99 @TheCookie

4 Likes

I was wondering about this too lol… and I want to see the wine! :sweat_smile:

P.S. I’m in for a meetup or buyout.

4 Likes

Ha. Hence the menu title “everyone eats but Charlie”. H/T to Eric wareheim for the title creation.

Johnny did a bunch of vegetarian renditions for me. I left very full.

There was so much food. Tons of leftovers. All the guys could eat too. My wife was very happy that night. Johnny’s fried rice had such wonderful smoky WH

14 Likes

For the wine vid - it’s at the end. I think 27 btls (including 3 mags) for 15 people.

8 Likes

this sounds very intriguing!?!? more details plz???

1 Like

Looks fantastic! I have the pleasure of working with Eric occasionally. A great person!! Not surprised he came up with the title.

1 Like

Hit the video above for pics - basically the same preparation of the seafood dishes but with a variety of tofu/mushrooms. Worked very well. Especially the Oyster Mushroom cluster with glass noodles in the same seafood sauce. I devoured that. Also the Fried rice with just veggies and egg - awesome.

4 Likes

@Clayfu I can’t play your fancy video :frowning: no play button or option available :frowning:

Have you seen this? Why Cantonese Buddhists (Traditionally) ate Oysters - YouTube

i think you have to go to his IG page and he has the video posted there. @clayfu.wine

1 Like

Ohhh that makes sense. My bad :bowing_woman: I don’t use IG anymore, but I believe the food is fun :+1:

1 Like

yep, major props for asking!!! it would never enter my mind!!!

Last weekend for hainan chicken maybe ever!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmQGKjYvY18/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

11 Likes

Dang, maybe if ftc didn’t call him prince of poultry or fuhrer of fowl we would all still be having hainan chicken. :joy:

6 Likes