Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

I did my pickup yesterday afternoon!! So glad I got to try the Hainan chicken. I agree with you on that scallion sauce, delicious

I lost 1.5 containers of the precious soy sauce on my commute home. :sob:

oh no, did we not pack it properly?

BTW thanks everyone for coming out, we’re all good for now and we are off for the next two days. I don’t forsee any damage coming our way due to the extremely heavy police presence I saw as I was leaving. I guess we’ll see how things go the next few days.

18 Likes

Best of luck! We all appreciate you and your staff.

2 Likes

I got my order on Saturday. Got the hainan chicken rice among other items. The hainan chicken rice was awesome, as good as Flock and Fowl at their height. This was a totally different dish than what I got at Side Chick. The chicken was beautifully tender and cut up nicely. Far cry from my experience at Side Chick. The chicken was cooked better than every experience I have had at Flock and Fowl. The rice was done well, I do think Flock and Fowl’s rice is a tad better, somehow they use something that adds a beautiful fragrance and flavor. Ginger scallion was great. What I was served at Side Chick was a harsh ginger flavor. Pearl River Delta was smooth and flavorful and seasoned perfectly. Sambal was really good, adds a nice acidic pop and a bit of heat.

Right now, Pearl River Delta is far superior than Flock and Fowl. And big thanks to @JLee for the preorder option, the rest of my order and transaction was seemless. The jowl charsiu and regular charsiu still great and I do love my white rice saturated in animal fats. Keep up the good work!

22 Likes

so good i had to get round two, just as great as before. the texture and mouthfeel of the chicken is perfect @TheCookie. thanks for the ftc hookup @JLee.
my only suggestion has to do with the packaging, maybe it’s a covid sourcing issue, but the paper takeout containers get pretty soggy on the bottom and tends to stick to the food. the black plastic ones are a lot better.

14 Likes

Yes we are trying to avoid using the white paper containers. The black ones are are suppose to be eco friendly so I’ve been trying to stick to those.

15 Likes

Yay food! :blush: Yummy food!

3 Likes

@Chowseeker1999
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA_ZmlujPGk/

12 Likes

Sorrowful (chicken) Rice… @beefnoguy, this is for you!

2 Likes

Hmmm that would be more like oyako don!

The fried version from Tak Kee Lee SF :smile:, true blue collar heaven!

4 Likes

I love Cantonese food but when it comes to chicken legs I’ll take Taiwanese style bento chicken leg rice any day!

now taking preorders for fri-sun.

3 Likes

Chef @JLee’s Hainan chicken rice last week was amongst the best I’ve ever had, Asia included.

17 Likes

HURRAH!!! I got one for Sunday!! Can’t wait to try! Thanks for busting the hump @JLee!!

–Dommy!

3 Likes

Why do you hate chili sauce? :joy:

2 Likes

I like your bowl and spoon! … and those chopsticks look familiar, maybe from a particular person serving one of LA’s finest chirashi? :thinking:

One of the joys of seeing everyone’s takeout has been getting a glance at everyone’s dishware and silverware. :grin:

3 Likes

That’s chili sauce discrimination

Was there supposed to be chili sauce? It didn’t come in the packaging with my order.

uh oh. @JLee has some splaining to do…