Pico Blvd - Best of

It looks closed.

1 Like

How long?

No it wasn’t M2C. I like them too. The sauce on the Shrimp & Cheesy Grits is crack in a bowl. I’ll try to find the name of the other place and get back to ya’.

1 Like

I think that’s the place I was asking @Nemroz about. Didn’t they close for remodel?

Yes, since April I believe.

I thought they reopened, but maybe not.

I hope so

Dear Sweet Jesus please tell me this still exists in our fine metropolis…

1 Like

Still the same chef: Head Chef Tetsuya-san actually bought the restaurant from Torafuku and now runs it as Harikawa (which is his last name).

The tepid reviews initially were likely due to the inevitable turbulence inherent to the restaurant biz when ownership changes hands. The ship has since been righted. Give it a shot. Try the wagyu hitsumabushi.

1 Like

You seriously just made my day. Thank you!

1 Like

However long you want. I just didn’t know if you only WANTED a relatively short distance (since Pico otherwise goes from DTLA to SaMo, no?).

1 Like

@TheCookie
@J_L
@ipsedixit

I used a magic device called “the google” and found this. Is this the place you’re talking about?

http://www.thespotonpico.club/contact-us.html

Is Paper or Plastik Cafe still good?

Oh yeah! I don’t know. We used to go a lot. There are so many new places in L.A., it’s hard to become a regular at one spot :slight_frown:. Is that good or bad?

That’s a good device. I think that’s it. But I didn’t hear about it until it closed. It had a small but enthusiastic following.

[quote=“Luluthemagnificent, post:19, topic:3893”]
What about taco trucks? The one across from ralphs in mid city?
[/quote]You mean “Signature” Ralphs? I love that Ralphs. It’s a cross between Ralphs and Northgate with a little 99 Ranch thrown in. I’ve even seen chicken feet there. And the organics are always on sale.

Oh sorry… You were asking about the food truck. It has a cool look, and there’s a bit of a crowd. But I never hear/read anything about it. Everybody is so enamored with Leo’s (Venice Blvd) & El Chato (Olympic).

I used to like El Parian for goat but have not been down that way in a while. At the other end (geographically and cost-wise) there are Mori and Shunji for Japanese.

Awash for Ethiopian

Penguin’s for fried fish

3 Likes

I like John O’Groats and Sotto, too.

FOOD isn’t bad for breakfast. Really like their ricotta pancakes. The owner is kind of a character, though.

I also like Hollywood Pies for pizza and Awash for Ethiopian.

A little farther west, I like Chutney’s for their Dahi chicken and meat samosas.

Westside Tavern, which has one of my favorite veggie burgers in town.

Also Habayit for their falafel and hummus plate, and some of the best zhoug I’ve ever had.

4 Likes

Where is it and what to order?

1 Like

He’s talking about the chicken at Dino’s Chicken and Burgers. I second the rec.