Piping Hot Sambusa at Rahel Ethiopian Vegan Cuisine

Really does sound delicious. I will try it.

7 Likes

Wait a min. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m speech less (^_^)

3 Likes

Have you not been? It’s been awhile, but, on Fairfax itself, I liked Rahel’s and Rosalind’s the most.

Although the one time I went to Awash on Pico, I think I liked that better than any of the places on Fairfax…

1 Like

I have not been.
Genet, Rosalind and Awash but never this one.

1 Like

I’ve been in Rahel and Messob, had takeout from Genet and Buna. All good.

Would have tried the other places if I lived nearer.

2 Likes

Did go there once (maybe 10 yrs ago). Recall the food being quite refined. Maybe I should try for takeout to refresh my memory… :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice follow-up to his review from 11 years ago

3 Likes

And that is exactly the thing (for me) about Ethiopian food.

I eat it, I love it! I say to myself, and anyone within earshot, “This food is so damn good, why don’t I come more often?” I feel good about myself for eating pretty healthy food and for supporting the hardworking owners.
I resolve to come more often.

And then I don’t do again for about 10 years.

And the cycle repeats itself.

4 Likes

I had a good-sized plate Genet served up at one of The Gold Standard events, but didn’t get around to getting back until last month for takeout. I would say it is a notch more refined than the others I’ve visited, but the others were still outstanding. For QPR, Buna is great.

If I lived closer, I’d be making a Little Ethiopia run at least once a week, if not twice.

4 Likes

I live in the same zip code and have eaten at more than a few spots, but the reason for my once in a blue moon status is I get a less than enthused response to the suggestion from my SO & friends who live in the area.:smirk:

4 Likes

Ethiopian is a miracle cuisine.