Pizza - recipes, equipment, tips & techniques

rosa grand is now at restaurant depot, no membership required. hormel cup and crisp are at most supermarkets. those are the two i use

2 Likes

I like Hobbs.

https://www.hobbsca.com/retailers

2 Likes

I watched ALL of this speechless. (Kept the sound off.) Look at the ingredients. Look at everything. Shiver.

Cooking is what you like to make and what tastes good to you - so whatā€™s the problem with the video ?

Could we say itā€™s not representative of how most of us cook? Other than that nothing.

Ingredients aside, a mashup of deep-dish pizza and upside-down cake is an interesting idea.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

I would argue that if you take a reasonable representative view on how many Americans cook I would argue that what we see in this video is much more aligned with the ā€œaverageā€ American cooking than what we normally discuss on this board

By ā€œusā€ I meant ā€œthis board.ā€ Iā€™ve stumbled on these videos before and donā€™t really shiver. But rather chuckle. I came of age in the South in the 50s and 60s and that kind of cooking, especially those creamed soups from a can, was the way.

There is a whole genre of stunt/stupid food videos on FB and TikTok. You can tell them because they take way too long, use way too many ingredients and the host talks slow so that they can insert commercials and get paid. I just ignore them whenever they cross my feedā€¦ They thrive on plays and engagement figures. They are not meant for the typical home cookā€¦

3 Likes

This particular dish would be easy for any home cook and the video moves along at a brisk clip with no commercials.

On the other hand, I think the ingredients might cost twice what a frozen deep-dish pizza would.

Excellent observation.

Really donā€™t like what happens with other meats on pizza. Not one has worked out. Salame, sopresata, prosciutto. All wrong. Sausage works though

Youā€™re talking about made at home rather than in a pizzeria, or do you just not like thin-sliced charcuterie on pizza?

No retailers

Whenever Iā€™ve cooked it it comes out tough so we just donā€™t .

Obviously you need to start making your own salumi.

1 Like

We grind our own pork shoulder and freeze in patties. When weā€™re making pizza I brown a patty with RPF, oregano, garlic powder, s&p. Thatā€™s all the meat. We used to use other meats but no more.

3 Likes

Oops, forgot the fennel seed.

What is ā€œRPFā€?