Pizza - recipes, equipment, tips & techniques

Hmm, maybe if we all take up a collection and split the cost I will be glad to take possession and produce the cliff notes…

1 Like

So i wanted to challenge myself to make pizza with stuff i had in my place and bit buy anything else. The dough was frozen in September. The sauce was made with tomato paste, cheese is ends of Gouda and manchego and left over coppa and salami for the topping. Ended up adding a little extra cheese i use for quesadillas on top

465 for 5min in my O’Keefe and Merritt then 2 minutes under the broiler

9 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Reheating comparison

1. Cast iron skillet with lid on low temp. The bottom gets a nice crunch and the toppings heat up well.

2. Toaster over at 400 for 7-8 mins. The bottom does not get as crunchy but the cheese gets a better ooziness and pepperoni is crisper. You can see the flop on this slice. The pics are deceiving for both methods.

I think the cast iron method is the best but I might stick under the toaster oven at toast for a minute or so.

4 Likes

I reheat pizza in an anodized aluminum Calphalon Kitchen Essentials saute pan (black pan with a glass lid). Heat it for four minutes on medium, reheat a slice or two for four minutes, uncovered. The toppings get plenty hot enough.

I see pizza, a lot of pizza, in the future

7 Likes

Nice! You listening to the podcast?

Definitely give us tips!

3 Likes

I am normally not so much into podcasts but perhaps I should make an exception for this one.

There’s only two episodes so far. I haven’t found it as interesting or informative as the Modernist Bread one they rolled out when that book was released but then again, I’ve never made pizza

Oh, I had never thought about using a lid… Thanks. :slight_smile:

Purposely Over-proofed for lightness, sourdough Sicilian worked out

11 Likes

Damn that’s a sick meal

that was the starter… people were over so there was a mushroom julienne, african peanut stew and a bulghur dish i made up. i want more wednesdays like that.

2 Likes

What pizza? I only have eyes for that Lou Pepe :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ooni (non Karu) are 20% off

2 Likes

Woww im buying now! Just ordered ooni 16 thx @Nemroz

2 Likes

Roccbox as well, Portable Pizza Oven | Gozney Roccbox | Gozney

1 Like

Got mine :slight_smile: Bought my first tank fo propane as well. Dough starting now. Lots of firsts going on. Congrats.

4 Likes

Is there a specific tank you buy or is it abnormal propane?