Pizzeria Bianco

They do whole pizza take out

1 Like

Unless they’ve changed their hours, the place closes at 3PM (in case you’re not done w/ work by then…).

Thanks for all the responses – really appreciate them

Just wanted to say “thanks” again.

Drove from WLA to ROW DTLA. Quick line, maybe ten folks. Took like ten minutes.

Ordered a salami pie to go. Drove to Granada Hills.

Warmed the slices for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Came out perfect. As good as Phoenix.

It’s great pizza and – in all honesty – I don’t eat pizza all that much.

My mom loved it.

Thanks.

36 Likes

You’re a gold medal son

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Maximum distance you’ve driven for a meal?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg5RAmoPgxu/

3 Likes

Lol, we were there at lunch today and I’m pretty sure I saw someone bring that exact pie out to Chris Bianco for that picture. Pizza was great, like the NYC-ish slices more than the square slices (market slice today was sausage and pepper, no tomato sauce). Arugula, fennel, peach salad had good quality ingredients, but could have used more salt.

5 Likes

12 Likes

reservations open for dinner. review forthcoming?

https://www.opentable.com/r/pizzeria-bianco-la-los-angeles

5 Likes

Got a rezzy for 815 Friday will report back

3 Likes

From the looks of their menu it looks like they are serving a spare menu with pies that they serve at the phoenix location.

Anyone have any recs or experience at the OG pizzeria biancos?

4 Likes

anyone know if they serve beer and wine, liquor?

1 Like

marg and wiseguy are fantastic.

3 Likes

Pizza is delicious. :pizza:

We had the spiedini and Wiseguy (I think) and really liked both.

3 Likes

yeah I saw they serving wine when I walked by last week at dinner

3 Likes

We had:

• little gem salad
  • farmers’ market salad (melon and fennel, to our surprise)
  • farinata
  • margherita pizza
  • rosa pizza
  • melon sorbet
  • a bottle of Verdicchio dei Castello di Jesi

Peony: I enjoyed my meal tonight a lot. I particularly liked the flavor combinations of the salads and the texture of the farinata. I liked the thin-crust texture of their pizzas too, though I found the flavors of other dishes more interesting than the flavors of the pizzas. The owner was there and greeting people, which was really sweet and nice. The entire staff team was courteous and pleasant. We sat at the patio, which was a nice addition to the whole dining experience.

Warrior: The restaurant is a winner and I like it a lot. My favorite dishes tonight were the farmers’ market salad, the farinata, and the melon sorbet—all of which were excellent. The melon sorbet, with its streaks of fresh melon, was the best dish of the night for me—maybe even the best sorbet I’ve ever had. Though the pizzas are obviously good quality, I was less enthused by them. I strongly preferred the pizzas we recently ate at Sei, though Peony strongly preferred Bianco’s pizzas. (She found Sei’s pizzas too doughy.) We agree that we prefer Gjelina’s and Mozza’s pizzas to Bianco’s and Bianco’s to Superfine’s, so we really just disagree about Sei. I think it mostly comes down to personal preference at this quality level.

![image|666x500]

(upload://dUZJXjZV2Lcli0MYQfgUYnqLGCC.jpeg)

16 Likes
4 Likes

had a fantastic dinner at pizzeria bianco. the pizzas were really good and the crust was great but I was blown away by the flavors and textures of the farinata and antipasto with focaccia. highlights of the night. @butteredwaffles review forthcoming? @Hungrydrunk nice running into you again.

farinata

:pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

so simple but executed so well, the crisp/soft texture was perfect.

farmers market salad - melon, fennel

:pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

can’t go wrong with excellent ingredients

antipasto - trumpet mushrooms, golden beets, corn, peppers, eggplant puree, pickles

this was the most flavorful and tasty antipasto I’ve had in a long time. we couldn’t stop eating it and before we knew it, it was all gone. make sure to order the excellent crispy focaccia, goes great with everything especially the eggplant puree.

marinara - tomato sauce, oregano, garlic, add anchovies

rosa - red onion, parmigiano reggiano, rosemary, santa barbara pistachios

wiseguy - wood-roasted onion, fresh smoked mozzarella, fennel sausage

melon sorbetto

like a key lime pie but with intense melon

a bang bang with kato was perfect

22 Likes