Pizzeria Bianco

I also have a 4top at 630p tomorrow (Tuesday) that I can’t use. Preference would be to trade for a 4top a little further out, but also happy to give it away if no one has a trade.

How are you all getting these reservations? I can’t get jack on their website. FYI, I would have taken those if I had seem those offered reservations!

We went on a Friday around 4:30p, lined up with others waiting (about 10+ ppl) and everyone got in. You can get a resy but it will be about 3 months out.

3 Likes

Someone posted in here about Tuesdays opening up and I was able to grab a res that way.

1 Like

Thanks, @PorkyBelly for the opening tip!

My sister and I were in the city and dropped in for oysters at Rappahannock for happy hour before bouncing for the Bianco line up prior to opening. We were first in the door and took one of the bar tables.

Sergio was in the house mingling and quality controlling as our meal went on.

Antipasto - Gorgonzola, coppa, pickled vegetables, Delicata squash, roasted sunchokes, sprouted cauliflower, king oyster mushrooms
An all-star line up of winners. Honestly, I could come in for this and nothing else and I would be pretty happy. The vegetables were each thoughtfully prepared.

Market salad - puntarelle, Gorgonzola dolce, citrus,walnuts
This tasted like a roll and refreshing summer salad.

Roasted potatoes - green onion soubise, rosemary, garlic
How can you go wrong with Weiser Farms potatoes? The soubise didn’t really do the potatoes justice, but was great to dip pizza crust in.

Thanks to the tip for half pizzas!

We went for OOE pizza by going halfsies. Sergio saw our table with a usual-looking pizza and strolled over to chat with us. We then explained the best way to try all the pizzas was to halve them. He was real down with us after that and went along his way.

Half Sonny Boy/Half Margherita

Half Rosa/Half Biancoverde

Half Tomato/Half Wise Guy

The crust here is tasty. The crisp nature and nice chew means the dough is made with care. Though we both agreed the red pies went down easier than the white pies. The white pizzas were so rich…though the toppings were really good.

Apple tart a la mode
A very good apple pie…the vanilla ice cream tasted a little more like ice milk…it was light and there were ice crystals.

Passionfruit panna cotta
It jiggled like jello and the passionfruit sauce was ridiculously good.

Look! Two pizzas on one tiny table!

Service was great. Our server, Andrea, was real excited when we told her that we planned on ordering most of the menu. She paced the dishes so our table wasn’t overflowing with food and paced the pizzas to come out every 5-10 minutes so we could enjoy them fresh. The house wines were good…the Sangiovese and cab paired well with our selections.

We left happy and stuffed to the gills.

25 Likes

Glad you enjoyed your meal @attran99! Looks yummy. Andrea is great. She was our server both times.

2 Likes

@TheCookie I am still full this morning, and have little desire to eat. It was a really good meal.

5 Likes

no farinata or focaccia?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, we both felt it was too much bread if we were to do 3 pizzas, farinata and focaccia split between 2 people.

That will be a next time order.

2 Likes

The man has to have his farinata or focaccia. :laughing:

4 Likes
6 Likes

source
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnDfIOAv5FI/?hl=en

4 Likes

Anybody want a reservation? Let me know before the end of the week.
Thursday 1/19 5:30pm
4 people

1 Like

Sending PM

1 Like

Sold to @hppzz.

4 Likes

Got great deal, better than the Hayato scalper

14 Likes

Hi Anyone - Short notice but I have a reservation for 2 ppl tomorrow (Thurs 1/12) at 5:15. Message me if you’d like it. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes!!! its pretty strange(great strange) to wake up in the morning and have Chris Bianco’s pizza as an option for the day…I could easily get addicted to Bianco! there was a time I actually fabricated an excuse to just drive to Phoenix…straight downtown to get on line at Pizzeria Bianco…Today, I asked a pizza loving friend who hadn’t been there yet to accompany me to RowDTLA!!! we ordered a pie split in half, salami and 1/2red…I told CB there are few places I can take someone where I have no fear the food won’t live up to expectations!!! I mean, seriously, look at that hole structure!

18 Likes

That is one nice looking pie! Nice and thin with those air pockets. Plus the canned Bianco tomatoes are the best.

As I said before half pep and half cheese is a pro move!

4 Likes

Do you guys consider this the best pizza in LA at the moment?

2 Likes