Pizzeria Mozza

i didn’t mind the saltiness, but i do love anchovies so take that with a grain of salt.

because the cornicione (as you perfectly described as a crusty baguette) is so damn good i like to utilize the back and forth technique by taking a bite of the tip and a bite of the cornicione at the same time. that way you can even out the saltiness and spread out the cornicion goodness throughout the whole slice.

Ah. Now I remember!

there is a reason that i go to chi spacca every time now and just missed our rez on sunday to Pizzeria… osteria still gets my love but pizzeria is dead last on my list of preferences.

i will say this… there is 1 thing that fucks with me when i sit down at Spacca… when they insist that we order everything at once, when im just trying to catch my buzz off the first bottle while casually enjoying something that compliments it… but noooo… i got to order and just start ploughing through plates. so i just keep telling them i’m not ready to order yet until i’m damn well ready. shit’s ridiculous if you’re spending 200+ for 2 people

4 Likes

Rush, rush at dinner I hate that shit . So many people can’t just chill and enjoy.

this is why the Europeans are better than us. Dinners at such leisurely pace.

2 Likes

But we have ice and free tap water.

3 Likes

'Murica

Funny, if you’ve read a few of my posts you probably know I’m not a salt fiend. :relaxed: If there’s a story behind each salty bit - like briny capers, soft, cured olives, oily anchovies - then I’m in. If it’s just an ordinary dump of table salt…:persevere: I’m now curious to try the Napolitana. My all-time favorite pizza is the Napolitana at Regina Pizzeria on Thatcher St in Boston.

Yah @Nemroz, I thought the service at Chi Spacca was just okay as well, a little odd, but not bad enough to mention.

I like the neapolitna anchovy pizza, had it the other week was a fan.

1 Like

And unlimited napkins

2 Likes

I dont really care about these things as long as I can always flag someone to bring me something and that they bring me what i ordered… but the ordering of everything at the same time is not the Italian way. fuckouttaherewiddatbs

2 Likes

I hate flagging @Nemroz. It’s not proper, lol. It also goes against my former waitress code. You should have eyes in the back of your head and your customer shouldn’t have to flag. But, I’ve read your opinion in this and other threads and have actually lightened up a bit, mostly at whole-in-the-wall spots where flagging is essential. At high-end places everyone should be on point! :blush:

I dont know what country’s culture that is from (upscale french i guess?) In the rest of the world it’s perfectly fine to grab someone passing by lol… i’m just not a michelin type i guess.

1 Like

Hmmm… maybe. France by way of New Orleans. :wink: I hear ya’, but I can’t help it. It’s hard to break from stuff you’re taught. If I have to do more than politely raise my hand or politely ask the busser to send our server it messes with my experience. It also comes from my server training. Your customer should not have to flag you down or “grab” you.

1 Like
2 Likes

the marina del rey settebello is reinventing itself now.
windows are covered with brown paper.
the menu will be redone.

there is no telling what the place will be like when they reopen.

I liked Settebello when I was in Vegas 5 yrs ago . Its California not Rome or Naples . Seems like a down hill slide .

Def luv Mozza…Def not Neapolitan

1 Like

Wow, interesting mystery, westsidegal…I may have to contact my sources…or is that sauces…

1 Like