Pizzeria Sei

It also only takes like a minute to cook those pizzas lol that may contribute to the turnover time for a table.

6 Likes

I mostly stand by this list except I would swap Triple Beam for SECRET PIZZA. I would also bump up Hail Mary quite a bit and find a place for GRA (not sure why this place seems so underrated, I think it’s great).

4 Likes

Pretty solid list in my opinion. I would swap Joe’s, which I find to be inconsistent, for the original Vito’s on La Cienega, which is a well oiled (greased?) machine.

2 Likes

I was just talking to a group of guys at the bar at Tana’s last night who were raving about how good Vito’s on La Cienega is.

2 Likes

It is legit NYC gas oven thin crispy crust pizza. Nothing special there, but not so easy to find here. Pedestrian pepperoni and sausage.

5 Likes

Big fish in a small pond 15 years ago but now…

2 Likes

8.2 (vito’s) vs. 8.1 (prime) according to portnoy… need to check out this Vito’s!

also “[prime pizza] ain’t vito’s.” - vito (Barstool Pizza Review - Vito's Pizza (Los Angeles, CA) - YouTube)

funny, im just seeing your question…at the time my harsh comment about shitty crusts was meant for Danny Boy’s, not Sei…ha,ha…the internet!

best pizza in LA. WOW is all I can say. So addicting to eat and perfectly sized for 1 person to eat. Love love love this

8 Likes

walked over for a cfl special

Caesar, Filleto, Lambrusco

12 Likes

That pizza looks incredible.

1 Like

no doubt delicious

I don’t know if this is a real special but it should be.

1 Like

My daughter and I tried PS during USC family weekend last year. Outstanding pizza (one with castelvetrano olives), burrata, and caesar salad. Might go back next week when I’m in town for move-in but we have so many other places to try.

4 Likes

It’s a fine list except I would put Gjelina #1, and it’s completely missing Gjelina.

I also think Superfine should make the list.

I’m not a Bestia fan, but its pizza is good enough to make that list IMO. Feels top ten-ish.

Mother Wolf definitely should make the list.

Okay, I’m changing my mind – the list is wrong.

1 Like

Gra is inconsistent for me. Sometimes I think it’s good, sometimes I think it’s terrible. We’ve had two pizzas side by side there, one fine and one so burnt we couldn’t eat it. The toppings are also a mixed bag. Generally, I’m not sold on the creative ventures like kimchi pizza.

The list has only pizzerias, noplace like Gjelina, Bestia, or Mother Wolf.

Ronan and La Morra seem curious omissions but guess the list can’t be all neo Neapolitan.

1 Like

love them both! They are my #3 and #2 respectively (after Sei)

2 Likes