Post Your Daily Sandwich

I had this monster torta at Los Kuinitos 2. I believe it was called La Chingona. The lettuce and tomato make it healthy.

8 Likes

Harlowe’s French dip. Some pros/cons vs Philippes. I liked that the bread was toasted and that the au jus was served on the side so I could moderate the amount of juice. I missed the hot mustard even though the horseradish sauce was potent. A little light on the meat. $9 for a 4.5oz portion of meat, $2 extra for the 6oz portion. Nice dill pickle on the side. I’d come back but with another person to split sides.

Bread and butter pickles. I love these suckers.

Fried onion strings with bbq sauce. The top 3/4 of the basket was very good. Light, nice fry, not greasy and good flavor.

The bottom 1/4 of the basket was pretty much inedible. Very greasy. Like two totally different baskets of fried onions. I found out the reason why. Look closely - there was literally a pool of oil collected at the bottom. Not great.

5 Likes

Red Chilaquiles Torta at Guerrilla Tacos:

1 Like

Prosciutto de Parma from Cortina’s

So that is what Ham should taste like huh

7 Likes

DEL REY DELI CO.

the order number gods smiled down upon me

cubano

St. Jude (turkey / salami / mozz / caper mayo)

9 Likes

4 Likes

Brent’s Northridge!

5 Likes

Made it back to Gjusta and tried the veggie sandwich. Very hearty and flavorful. Biting acidity from the roasted peppers and pickled turnips (not in a bad way). Nice counterpoint to the creamy avocado. Loved the fennel. Chock full of fresh veggies. Look forward to enjoying the second half for lunch tomorrow.

7 Likes

Love the Veggie Sandwich! :slight_smile: Glad you liked it @chinchi. And is that a delicious Ginger Lemonade I see?

Yes, I went with the ginger lemonade. Very refreshing. I also picked up a cherry scone. It will get eaten for breakfast tomorrow. I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

1 Like

Bottlefish - Brunch menu only I think
Nashville Hot Fish Sandwich with Ono.
Yummy. Not super spicy but has a nice kick.
With great fries.
And no line.

The Sawed-in-Half View

8 Likes

All right this is from Pal’s Takeaway in Oakland, CA, but there is no SF/Oakland sandwich board so I’m going to post here because Jeff Mason is such a sandwich maestro that you should stop in if you are in the area.

Rotisserie lamb with spicy corn relish, fresh mint, butter lettuce and padadum chips on a toasted kaiser roll.

7 Likes

Lunch at Langer’s!

14 Likes

Hi @wienermobile,

Yes! Looks so good! :slight_smile: Is that the #44?

As good as usual? :slight_smile:

Yes! My favorite!

1 Like

Vicente foods, Corned beef and Swiss on rye.

8 Likes

That looks unappetizing.

#MoreMeatDoesNotMeanMoreBetter

1 Like

I’m sure it does look unappetizing to you, considering you don’t even like the pastrami at Langer’s. For me though it was pretty tasty they have a nice rye bread, corned beef is moist and not overly fatty. It’s not over stuffed and I really enjoy the pickles as well. For a sandwich out of a supermarket I’d say it’s darn good for about 12 $.

3 Likes

This reminds me, I had a tasty corned beef sandwich at The Carving Board on Gateway at Barrington.

Is that in the slot with Tacomiendo?

Is this the place from Ocean Park Blvd?