Post Your Daily Sandwich

Bravo.

Or as the kids say… It’s Anne Litt :fire:

2 Likes

Jeremy s-olé!

Monsieur Marcel (Farmers Market) - Baguette, Turkey, Brie, Strawberries, Basil

4 Likes

No photo. Yesterday, I was desperate and decided to stop at Firehouse subs that just opened.

Could be the worst Italian I’ve ever had, worse than, believe it or not, Subway.

Need to drive to Italia Deli ( http://italiadeli.com) in Agoura to wash the taste out of my mouth.

2 Likes

Porchetta melt from Gjusta

11 Likes

I fell off my chair. That porchetta… damn that looks good.

2 Likes

The other gets more love but I prefer the melt as well…really fantastic

2 Likes

Did you get extra meat on yours? I’ve never had one that is so overflowing with fillings.

Is that basically a play on Phily Roast Pork?

I did not. It was definitely a hefty one! Same with the Italian sandwich I took home with me.

It is! They use fontina(?) instead of aged prov but the result is similarly funky. One of the real secrets of Gjusta is they do some of the best versions of east coast classics like Philly Roast Pork, Chicken Parm, pizza, etc. you can find on the west coast.

2 Likes

filet o’hash brown - with ketchup & black pepper…

2 Likes

home made version of banh mi featuring:

bolillo in place of baguette;
pork belly slow cooked in fish sauce, then seared in a pan
homemade pickled daikon
sliced jalapeno
cilantro
mayo
scrambled egg

asides from the logistical issues getting every ingredient in each mouthful, it was awfully good.

4 Likes

I like the bolillo thats a great idea

not quite as crusty as i’d like, but at 4/$1 at a nearby mexican grocery…actually the entire sandwich was even better when you factor in QPR:

the pork belly was on sale for only $1.99 lb. the daikon was $.34/lb, even the eggs were only $1.19/dozen at aldi’s. the jalapeno $.59/lb, cilantro $.20 a bunch. seeing that i could have made 2 sandwiches with that much filling, it was less than $1 a sandwich.

1 Like

San Carlo Italian deli, Italian cold cut also known as the San Carlo special. A large runs $8.99.

It’s ok. You get spoiled by Bay Cities with the great bread and giardiniera and Italia Deli with its incredible Italian hard roll (a tad crispy, crunchy and chewy). The bread strikes me as closer to French bread in that it’s more flaky then what you get at Bay Cities. Also could have used a little more of the dressing.

Still the cold cuts were good and I think they’re all imported.
This place makes a mean eggplant parm entree with really thin layers piled high.

Any way, here’s the sandwich.

2 Likes

If great bread means the contents of the sandwich spills out with every bite, please give me a lower quality bread.

Then go to San Carlo.

Maybe you prefer a sandwich that is lightly filled? If you’re eating pizza and an errant pepperoni falls off do you blame the crust? :wink: LOL.

Is it the bread or is it an assembly issue? Yeah, Bay Cities is no doubt sloppier, I don’t find that problem with Italia.

it’s a bread issue - I know from reading enough reviews that I am not the only person to have this complaint about BC. BC doesn’t need my business anyway.

1 Like

I can understand that. Doesn’t bother me. I’m a slob anyway.

Did you feel that way about Italia?

Based on my sample size of 1, no I did not have similar qualms about Italia.