Post Your Daily Sandwich

I bet that Nana is amazing

Number thirteen from Jersey Mike’s has probably become my most consumed sandwich of all time.

3 Likes

Went to Tam O’Shanter on Friday for their weekday prime rib sandwich $17 and the complimentary salad bar during lunchtime from their carvery.

Quite a trek for me from the Westside on a Friday, but my meal was free b/c I used my Lawry’s VIP points. Gjusta is so much closer, but the old fashioned ambience at Tam’s is so much easier on my ears.

PS: TOS’s weekend prime rib sandwich is made in the kitchen and only comes on a French roll. I def prefer the weekday carvery version from their Ale and Sandwich bar,

9 Likes

Carvery? Comp salad bar?

Need details ASAP please.

4 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Carving station menu (source: Yelp)

Prime rib sandwiches from Carving station in Ale & Sandwich bar - Mon - Fri 11am - 2pm only.

All other sandos from Carving station (e.g. brisket, roast beef, pork, etc.) available 11am-10pm. Ask the Carver for au jus on your choice of beef sandwich or on the side.

(source: Yelp)
Ale & Sandwich Bar Carving station sandwiches include the “Sides Bar” consisting of coleslaw w peanuts; potato salad; beets; house pickles; mayo; mustard; horseradish; and whipped horseradish (more creamy and with heavy cream). “Sides Bar” available everyday from 11am, but limited to Carving station sandwiches only — they are strict about this (you can’t be seated in the main dining hall and order a sandwich, etc. from the Carving station at the bar).

Bread choices with Carving station sandwiches: Kaiser roll; onion brioche; ciabatta; white roll. Other kinds might be available depending on the day.

There’s a sit down menu offered in the Ale and Sandwich bar, but the items DO NOT include trip(s) to the Sides Bar.

Off Menu alert: Prime Rib Chili from the Carving station.

6 Likes

Thank you good sir. This may be a life changing lead.

22 bucks for a small lunch time prime rib ain’t too bad either.

3 Likes

I read that as $22 for AYCE potato salad and a side sandwich.

Sounds good to me!

3 Likes

@Ns1
Weekday Lunch
$22 - Prime rib lunch platter (6oz) OR
$27 Prime rib lunch platter (10oz)

^Both come with mashed potatoes; house sourdough bread and butter; and your choice of creamed corn or spinach.

No spinning salad nor Yorkshire pudding, but yup, it’s a good weekday deal. My friend chose the $17 roast beef platter with all the complimentary dishes listed above.

@Gr8pimpin
Weekday lunch prime rib sandwich
$17 including complimentary sides bar (potato salad, coleslaw, etc.)

3 Likes

That $12 roast beef might be the hidden value gem though - $12 acye cole slaw, potato salad, etc? I’ve spent more at food trucks.

2 Likes

Yep!!! Starch bar and side sandwich for $17… even better!!! Thank you!!!

1 Like

thanks for the protip, stopped by today after doing a local errand.

You know, I think I like the idea of a prime rib sandwich much more than an actual prime rib sandwich; I’ll probably grab a platter next time.

Prefer the potato salad over the cole slaw, and the non-whipped horseradish is great at clearing the sinuses.

Pleb Sloan in the restroom, but they have new daily newspapers to look at while doing your business so I suppose an acceptable compromise.

Lots of industry people in there, which makes sense - it seems like a place built for people with more money than time. $26.xx for prime rib sandwich + 1 beer after tax. It took less than 5 minutes for me to park, order a drink, get a drink, order a sandwich, and receive the sandwich.

5 Likes

I love that, so old-school. Reminds me of my sports wagering days in the old dives in Vegas while you’re doing your business and reading the latest odds and sports league personnel/team transactions.

I remember when Houston’s in Irvine had TV monitors above the urinals. They’re gone, but they still have one of the best prime rib dips I’ve had.

Sample size is now 2:

I can’t stand this bread but man that meat is freaking delicious. Prime rib is the most obvious but for me that brisket I had today was a perfect 5/7. Copious amounts of jus provided.

Also, I found out they have a chili (off menu?)

I’m still trying to figure out my path here but it all comes back to the meat.

$23.xx after tax for 1 brisket sandwich, gratis sides bar, and 1 beer.

3 Likes

I got one of the Mrs. Maisel $2 turkey sandwiches from Delucas Deli in Glendale (in the Americana).

No picture - after waiting in line for 30 minutes, I didn’t even think about pictures, I took it home, split it with my husband and ate it!

Tasty and fun to be a part of the day - but I would not pay the normal $9.90 for it.

3 Likes

Burnt Crumbs Reuben in Irvine

Rye bread, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing, pastrami (requested lean)

It’s not Langer’s tier pastrami: the flavor is not smokey enough but more cured (like corned beef). Thus I think this pastrami wouldn’t shine in a simple rye and mustard sandwich.

However, for heathens such as myself who really enjoy the condiments in a Reuben sandwich, this is one of the better ones I’ve had in my opinion. They make all the sandwich components in-house except the Swiss cheese.

5 Likes

A queso de puerco Cemita from El Poblano (picfair) loaded up with stringy cheese, avocado and toasty chili oil

3 Likes

Cemitas are one of my favorite things. Can I ask which place you got it from specifically? I swear they’re all some variation of “cemita” and “poblana”

El poblano . Same one that’s always on Pico by FF

Oh, Pico and Fairfax, got it. Sorry, I had no idea what picfair was. I thought it was like a photo app