Providence LA

I think for formal, special occasion dining I’d do providence but for more unique interesting food Kato? I’ve done Kato multiple times but Providence once. I’m sure I’ll go back but need the right reason

1 Like

What’s the occasion? Have the people you’re dining with been to either?

Kato is fantastic, but Providence food, vibe, and service are just a notch higher.
For me Kato is a “splurge” kind of dinner, while Providence is a place for special occasions.

3 Likes

“free” bread at providence.

8 Likes

Providence, hands down. I’ve done both places multiple times and Providence is not only better bang for the buck but also the quality is at a higher level. The wine list at Providence is a little more reasonable as well.

2 Likes

and why does that matter?

it matters depending on whether someone likes bread or not

3 Likes

But the (not-free) bread at Kato is pretty frickin’ great, though…

1 Like

But for most people, free bread at Providence can help you skip the bang-bang pre or post meal. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am indifferent to bread!

had it this week and dare I say, I liked Kato a lot better?? the desserts and prawn were fantastic and initial appetizers, but the portions were pretty small and nothing really stood out? … nice service and presentation but I go for the food!

Given the price, I would absolutely go back to Kato instead. Don’t think I’ll be going back to Providence

3 Likes

How was their :bread:?

Smaller than Kato?

3 Likes

the bread was delicious! this obsession with bread is interesting here.

I just remember being stuffed after Kato last time I went despite similar portions? All I know is I had to eat more after Providence a couple hours later and didn’t find as many standouts as Kato.

the pastry chef stole the show here tbh

Odd, I had the exact opposite reaction after Kato where I went for tacos afterwards since I was still ravenous. At my last dinner in Providence, they had to roll me out of there, I was so stuffed.

5 Likes

the first 4-5 courses at Providence were minuscule bite size, the most filling portions were the dessert imo. this included getting the extra add-ons. haven’t been to Kato in a bit, but definitely felt full after.

2 Likes