Providence

it was fine, but i’m not a big biscotti fan

still available

It was an amazing meal.
Providence is the BEST
Started off with Kaluga cavier supplement.
Really wonderful gorgeous good sized eggs, with thick, pillowy buckwheat blinis, and perfectly diced green and red onion and, hard-boiled egg (white and yolks separated), wonderful creme fresh.

The lobster, dessert and tomato-melon soup were all divine.

6 Likes

How long did it take to develop that golden brown crust?

10 mins

1 Like

I made a terrible mistake sleeping on this.

4 Likes

:scream:

On this week’s episode of top reheater we take a summer vacation in narragansett.

for your quickfire challenge, we want you to create a chilled soup good enough for a celebrity, using only the ingredients in your takeout bag. you have 30 minutes and your time starts now…

chilled celebrity tomato soup with scallop dumplings, melon and basil
Refrigerator 30 minutes

for this week’s elimination challenge you’ll be reheating a meal inspired by summers on scarborough beach in narragansett. the meal must include an entree, side, and dessert.

parker house rolls x rodolphe le meunier butter
400 degrees for five minutes

female lobster eggs sauce
microwave 10 seconds

gloucester maine lobster stuffed with peeky toe crab and buttery cracker crumbs, steamed potatoes, fines herbes, green beans almondine, herb butter
400 degrees for 10 minutes
Microwave 30 seconds

murray farms blackberry and andy’s orchard peach cobbler, fresh tenerelli’s white peachs, tahitian vanilla whipped cream
325 degrees 10 minutes

vanilla shortbread dipped in chocolate, andes mint

chilled celebrity tomato soup with scallop dumplings, melon and basil
my goodness, so this is how the celebutantes eat, this was refreshingly chilled and incredible. the celebrity tomato was bright and tangy and was perfectly complemented by the sweetness of the melons and scallops. the basil cream was a great accent.

gloucester maine lobster stuffed with peeky toe crab and buttery cracker crumbs, steamed potatoes, fines herbes, green beans almondine, herb butter
the lobster was perfectly ̶c̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ reheated, with soft and tender tail meat and firm and sweet claws. loved the stuffing made with ritz crackers, leeks, mushrooms, onions, lobster leg meat and peeky toe crab. even the almonds in the almondine were good. the female lobster egg sauce (1 part egg, 4 parts butter) was delicious and yes, good enough to bathe in.

murray farms blackberry and andy’s orchard peach cobbler, fresh tenerelli’s white peaches, tahitian vanilla whipped cream
a nicely reheated dessert, a bit tart and not too sweet, not bad.

Overall, a great meal and my favorite since week 1’s tour de france bouillabaisse. QPR is also very high with top quality ingredients and cooking, and very generous portions. i’ve been stuffed after each of my providence en voyage meals, unlike a certain four-letter restaurant which shall remain nameless.

k**o, please pack your knives and go.

On next week’s episode of top reheater we’re traveling to new orleans. @CiaoBob, @TheCookie, @J_L, @foodshutterbug, @chewchow

24 Likes

I’m bringing the Michelin inspectors to PB’s ReHeat & Plate the next time they’re in town.

5 Likes

Did you want to bathe in that sauce?

2 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Nice report back and so glad you won the competition! :blush: :wink:

Strangely one of the items that Chef Cimarusti was talking about that got me craving it was the homage to the after dinner mint! How was their version of the Andes Mint? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did the lobster meal last night. I thought it was a bit of a mixed bag, but it could just be me.

First, the positives: that soup. Fuck. This was just brilliant, it made me feel alive eating it. I also loved the blackberry cobbler, which was very fresh and fruit-forward. I also liked the after dinner mint a lot.

I did not love the lobster, frankly. This could just be a taste thing. But the stuffing just did not do it for me, it felt like a whole lot of ritz crackers and mushrooms with very little crab.

3 Likes

I :hearts: that meal… and your report @PorkyBelly!

I.Can’t.Take.It! We were supposed to go out of town but it was cancelled and I thought Ohhh I’ll order that Summer in New England Dinner to make up for it. Sold out! :sob: Out of all the fancy takeout this is the one I’m most bummed about missing. Shut up TheCookie with your 1st world problems… No you shut up. Gaah!

5 Likes

I couldn’t free up my schedule this week. So sad.

1 Like

@TheCookie, @CiaoBob

Week 7: Busted Down on Bourbon Street. Set up like a bowling pin…

First Course: Barbecue shrimp, creole spices, Worcestershire, heavy cream, butter & white wine

Main Course: Gumbo Ya Ya-Pulled chicken, Grassy Bar oysters, andouille sausage, crab meat, cajun spices, scallion

Dessert: Banana bread pudding, caramel rum sauce

7 Likes

Presumably with some pralines for the close. Or maybe a spherified Sazerac?

2 Likes

…So we bought some beer and went to La Cevicheria to eat Aguachile, Smoked Marlin Tostadas & Fish Tacos on the sidewalk next to an auto repair. It was delicious.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I am still pouting but, of course, curious about this.

Yes, and also use it for shampoo, conditioner, and mouthwash.

2 Likes

The flavor was pretty close, but instead of there being a solid layer of mint in the middle it was more liquid-y, more like a junior mint. It’s chocolate, it’s mint, it’s delicious. It’s very refreshing.

3 Likes