Random Food Photos

n

4 Likes

Somewhere in Europe…?

https://www.instagram.com/nonoka_yame/?hl=en

I just clicked on the photo.

3 Likes

Not to be all crabby, but that looks a little bit precious for my tastes. How does one eat that? In one mouthful? That looks like a fair amount of flowers. If it’s in pieces, won’t the flowers fall off?

For langoustine tails done nicely, I liked Iluka in Copenhagen; excellent seafood product stripped down:

Langoustine tails just brushed with aged elderflower vinegar and a touch of pink peppercorn. Heads go back to the kitchen, they’re split in half, and you suck the innards or spread it on some great bread. Eat with your hands just off the ice platter, nothing too fancy about the plating.

5 Likes

Love, love them critters!

2 Likes

Finally got a mostly round pizza last night. The dough (from TJs) had been frozen and I left it out all day. Much ‘stretchier.’

2 Likes

The last of last summer’s corn and tomatoes, with fried shrimp, roasted beet and toasted foccacia.

Pork tenderloin, avocado and roasted ‘melange’ of vegetables.

4 Likes

Wow! What is this???

An omelet of leftovers…maybe from a taco and maybe from leftover pizza toppings?

BBQ pork rice plate from Ming Kee in SF. Snuck in just as they were about to close so this was all that was left but I had no complaints.

2 Likes

meat aka “mixed grill”? roasted vegetables. And focaccia done on the panini grill. A “free” meal and dang good.

Perhaps a spinoff “leftover photo” thread may be more appropriate for @catholiver and all those interested in leftovers. Can’t say I enjoy looking at leftovers.

5 Likes

No thanks. As I used to be told on CH “avert your eyes.” As the OP wrote:

“A place to post those random food photos that don’t quite fit anywhere else.”

I know people on this site and elsewhere who never know what to do with leftovers and throw them out. I loathe waste.

All the more reason to create a leftover thread you can own and inspire

3 Likes

You’re cute.

ETA: Out of respect for your sensibilities, I’ve removed the word leftover and also the pic of the un-repurposed food.

Went to the “World Championship Abalone Cook-Off” near Lodi today. I understand that it’s been around for 29 years. It was at a local winery, https://www.m2wines.com/ . It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed the zin. Food was meh but what can you expect when they’re cooking for maybe 200 people. Our fave was the simple dip in flour and fry. Here are a couple of others: a slider and a tamale :slight_smile:

Too few shrimp scampi cooked with some tomatoes, corn on the cob, avocado and our wonderful toasted homemade bread.