Really good wonton soup?

I feel like cart noodles and wonton noodles are kinda separate things.

Cart noodles have a variety of toppings that are generally offal or cheap cuts and the broth is dark and opaque (can be spicy) and you may be able to choose the types of noodles ho fun, egg noodles, bean thread noodles etc.

Whereas wonton noodles use traditional shrimp wonton noodles, and have a broth that is clear, light tasting that is mostly comprised of dried fish and shrimp.

I know nowadays there is kind of an intermixing of the noodle soups/toppings but to me cart noodles =/= wonton noodles

4 Likes

Haven’t had it but golden delights look superb.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZSzQKYA2yU/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

ah yes how could I forget - Canton Restaurant. Close enough for a Phin Smith dessert.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/canton-restaurant-chao-ca-cho-cu-westminster-6

4 Likes

I like the wonton noodle soup at The Congee. Super fresh shrimp wontons and clean light golden broth. Delicious!

22 Likes

Welcome!

8 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!

4 Likes

Never been.
Great location too.
Next to 5 Star and Kang Kang!

2 Likes

It’s a little hard to find, but tucked near the corner of the building. The day I was there a worker was making fresh wontons from an enormous bowl of fresh shrimp. I wish I took a picture now. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Welcome to FTC!

1 Like

Thank you, JeetKuneBao!

Thanks and welcome :hugs:!

1 Like

CB

Heads up if you go, i highly recco Congee’s special pan fried rolls w/ w/o beef.

For me on the westside, Hu’s makes a killer wonton soup w/ in house made wontons. They also give you an extra quart or so of broth w/ delivery. Killer qpr and fresh squiggly soup noodle crackers to boot!

7 Likes

Hu’s Szechwan?
On National?

yes. i know what youre thinking. i was there too before eating recently. I thought it was delicious for easy W L A delivery. check out Yelp for some recent pics.

2 Likes

Welcome @KAS!

2 Likes

Welcome to the board. Interesting to hear about Hu’s. There had been downhill reports pre-pandemic. Will have to check them out again.

1 Like

harlam’s kitchen was a pre-pandemic favorite & i’d bang-bang them when tasty food was still in the same mall cranking out their hainan chicken rice but IIRC they were closed for quite a while and i failed to pick up their transponder when they re-opened. only one storefront out of the eight(?) there was open for a while.

for QPR i’d go with harlam’s kitchen. tam’s is better, but not twice as good for twice the price. noodle boy which occupied the space which now houses noodle palace aka lao xi noodle house’s in-laws was probably the best place before they closed.

1 Like

Finally got there. This was an awesome wonton noodle soup. Thanks

7 Likes

Welcome to FTC!!!

2 Likes

And nice to grab some SJB at Kang Kang next door.

Great little mini mall with

The Congee
Kang Kang
5 Star Hue

2 Likes