Republique - Stunning Brunch, Lunch & Pastries Galore [Thoughts + Pics]

Wow.

So bummed I have lunch already today. :cry:

Our super seasonal Cherry Braid is back, and this time it has a delicious chocolate almond filling!! Gorgeous cherries from @murrayfamilyfarms line the center of this pastry made with croissant dough. This is a big hit and sells out quickly when we have it in our pastry case on a normal Saturday, and we have it available to order TODAY! Tap the “ORDER NOW” button below our bio to see what items we have available for same-day pick up!

Instagram post.

5 Likes

Oh no, I ordered the pastry but just got a message from them. Excuse me while I sob incessantly

I am terribly sorry, but it appears we have actually oversold our Chocolate Cherry Braid and I no longer have enough to fulfill these orders. I sincerely apologize for the error on our part and will of course, be refunding you for the Cherry Braid.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear @petoketo! :frowning: Darn.

Glad that they’re having some good business to sell out of things like that on the day they post, though.

4 Likes

This was the box they used to hand us the pastries and produce today. I would have happily taken the original contents instead.

6 Likes

Ouch! I don’t blame you…premier cru…

1 Like

Nice @js76wisco. :slight_smile: Besides the Mango Pie, what else did you get today? Were you able to get the Cherry Braid Pastry? I’m curious how it is.

@Chowseeker1999 I thought about the cherry braid after your post but we picked up so many desserts.

We had a slice of the salted caramel chocolate cake. The flavor was great but the cake itself was dense and rich. We took a few bites and saving the rest for tonight. It ate like a brownie. It wasn’t bad but just not what I was expecting.

The jam bombolini was excellent. We’ve had the vanilla one before but liked the jam version as much. My son enjoyed the cinnamon sugar donut. Great exterior coating but I thought the donut was a bit heavy.

The lack of traffic on the weekends will definitely bring us back to the city more often.

3 Likes

Hi @js76wisco,

Thanks for the info on the jam bomboloni. We’ve always had the creme brulee version as well. Good to know. :slight_smile:

Yes, her salted caramel chocolate cake is decadent. :wink:

Hope you get to try more of Chef Manzke’s pastries and desserts in the near future. :slight_smile:

Thanks to our FTC Bat Signal (@Ns1 @PorkyBelly), we started the weekend right. :slight_smile:

Mango Passion Fruit Cream Pie (Passion Fruit Curd, Mango, Pastry Cream, Whipped Cream):

Pastry Chef Margarita Manzke’s masterpiece of Mango goodness, it’s gotten so good that I have requests to share this with relatives! :sweat_smile: (We dropped off half of this (so painful to let go!) to one of our relatives who doesn’t go out).

We got a call later thanking us. She proclaimed it, “The best pie I’ve ever had!” :heart:

Tropical, perfectly ripe Mango fruit on top, giving way to glorious fragrant tart-sweet from the Passion Fruit Curd and Chef Manzke’s masterful Pastry Cream, and that buttery, light Pie Crust! :heart: :blush: :heart:

Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake:

So moist, rich, decadent, like the most incredible Chocolate Fudge you’ve ever had. There are deep Chocolate notes. Incredible! :heart:

Republique
624 S. La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tel: (310) 362-6115

12 Likes

Real talk for a min guys.

There’s a protest at Pan Pacific Park 5 minutes away at noon today. My pickup is at 1.

Selfishly, should I be worried?
Big picture, should Republique be worried?

I suppose the fact that I’m asking these questions is a testament to how good that mango pie is.

5 Likes

Hi @Ns1,

Thanks for the info. First, I hope no one gets hurt.

Two, looking at Google Maps, it looks far enough away that you could access Republique from multiple other angles.

But I really hope everyone is safe during these protests.

4 Likes

Its at least a 15 minute walk to Republique from the park. Maybe approach from wilshire, although I have no clue if any protests are happening around wilshire.

I’d be more concerned about the grove/fairfax area if things escalate at pan pacific

*this is what I’d imagine based on living in the neighborhood. There’s a lot of families around here. I hope things stay peaceful.

6 Likes

Whatever you decide, stay safe!

2 Likes

Please let us know how it goes. I also have a pickup later today and the wifey is :grimacing: :worried:

1 Like

Waiting for my pie now, no issues - Google routed me away from the action. Definitely saw cars heading to the protest though.

/edit

CVS on 3rd taking no chances

6 Likes

Target acquired. Extraction in process.

But first, roast beef.

Top Round 5 minutes south - perfect for a pit stop when slightly early.

12 Likes

Hi @Ns1,

Nice! Glad you got in and out safely, and managed to get a Roast Beef Sandwich during the extraction. :smile:

Had no issues picking up at 2pm either.

Everything was delicious but a special mention goes to the basque cheesecake, which might be the best cheesecake I’ve ever had in my life.

11 Likes

Wow what a spread!

2 Likes

Hi @petoketo,

Beautiful assortment! :blush: Thanks for the report back. I need to try Chef Manzke’s Basque Cheesecake still.

What hand pie flavor was it that you got today?

And what are the long strips of pastries at the bottom of your assortment box?

Thanks!