Republique

Lol. He works from home and likes going on little excursions. It’s really nice for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was there the other night and had pretty much the same meal, except had the strawberry tiramisu. Delicious dessert, but had nothing in common with a tiramisu.

1 Like

Yep there were some fresh peaches thrown in there too. The liquid was terre bormane olive oil and maybe some tomato water?

1 Like

Do you put it in the refrigerator?

No, I will.

So fancy.

No, I thought maybe the texture was going off because you put it in the refrigerator.

At La Viña they just sit around at room temperature.

Oh okay. Nope, on the counter. It’s still good but it changes consistency fast, and I want everyone to try it fresh cut. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s weird that cutting the slice in the first place would not have the same effect as eating part of the slice. Does it come wrapped? Do you re-wrap the leftover part?

I’ll pay attention to whether it’s wrapped but I don’t think so. It’s just an odd thing I can’t explain.

Went again as my wonderful brother was here. Started with beignets and eclairs:

Continued with Little Gems Salad;

My wife is an old school buttery, oakey Chardonnay gal and the gracious sommelier came through big time:

Next was pasta, lobster campenelle;

Then the main - one of my favorite exalted peasant dishes, cassoulet!!

No En Croute this night but an incredible apple tart with ice cream, armagnac caramel and shredded gruyere. So very good!

Our stupendous waiter; I recall there had been a thread about bad service in LA, probably the poster had never been to Republique, comped us for a strawberry tiramisu.

Lovely experience!
Edited to note that some day I hope to go there with someone who loves uni like I do. I can never order eggs and toast as all of my dining companions so far don’t understand the attraction of sea urchin gonads. Argh!

9 Likes

Tyler is one of central coast’s best. Burgundy of CA in these Santa Rita Hills

Is the Cassoulet a special? Wonder if it would be on for a Sunday lunch

1 Like

Its seasonal. It was on the big plate menu. Very good stuff!

We are going!

1 Like

Best to call in advance to make sure they are serving it because they tend to change their menu on a weekly basis at times. I remember going back to back weeks and some items were changed.

1 Like

Shouldn’t that just mean more for you?

3 Likes

Not really. If I am spending $150/person I want to get something everyone likes.

1 Like

Finally get out there for breakfast and i get a frigging toast? i’m strange sometimes. Even on a tuesday the place isn’t easy to walk in to.

Super excited about the slices of basque cheesecake I picked up though. Haven’t seen that around

4 Likes

That salmon tartine is excellent.

1 Like

How did I not know about this being an option a half mile away? It took us right back to La Viña in San Sebastián. This is going to be a problem (glad I’m going back on a no sugar thing soon though)

1 Like