Republique

Reported by @TheCookie in august

2 Likes

You’re sweet. Coinkydink. Guess who I saw today at the Culver City Farmers Market? Chef Walter Manzke at the Underwood Farms stand. He was filling up a big crate so I thought he worked there and asked him a question about produce, then realized he was buying not selling, then recognized his face, then the Republique t-shirt. :flushed: He was buying butternut squash. Guess what I bought?

8 Likes

Mushroom toast also rules,cries out for a suitable red wine, but it’s morning…

Maybe weekend brunch.
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s too mobbed on the weekends which is why I haven’t been Dijon this. I quit lines when we left the USSR

2 Likes

I actually consider it light compared to really dense American cheesecake. Wish I had seen this post. Guess I don’t read the whole internet

2 Likes

That’s the perfect description for Cassoulet. That Strawberry Tiramisu looks :kissing_closed_eyes:. Do they still make the Fruit en Croute? I think I threatened to pop by and sit at the counter just to eat it. It wasn’t a lie, I forgot.

1 Like

They did not have it that night, but the apple tart was a great substitute.

1 Like

Hmm…spinach? Mustard greens? Kale? I give up…

1 Like

Don’t go to Greece in the summer…

If pastries are all you desire, you can just order from the takeout window:

1 Like

Bingo!

Yes, sometimes I pull over and make the kids run up and get baguettes and croissants while I park in the red. So convenient.

1 Like

hahaha… we learned a long time ago to never go to Europe between June and September.

1 Like

I picked one for Thanksgiving. Definitely reminded me of Tarta de Queso from La Vina in San Sebastian. Pair with Pedro Ximenez!

1 Like

You mean kids? :wink:

1 Like

Yep. :tipping_hand_woman:

Is it mango pie season yet @TheCookie?

4 Likes

You’re crazy. September is the absolute best time to go to Europe.

1 Like

Too hot still in Spain and Italy for us. A lot of France too. We do march/april and oct/nov. love cold etc. but yes further north is fine. just went to London for Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

It must be! Are they selling it now? Thank you!