Republique

Try it out! It’s always on the menu at Sari Sari, Republique’s sister restaurant, inside GCM.

1 Like

It is pretty great! The custard and the thick slices of coconut make it damn tasty, and of course that buttery buttery crust.

@Chowseeker1999 and a few others including myself are pretty big fans.

Now accepting full pie orders:

https://republiquela.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2020/11/Thanksgiving-Pie-Order-Form-2020_fillable.pdf?utm_source=Republique+LA&utm_campaign=c1cd1ae2a9-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_11_06_01_35&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_06f19c580a-c1cd1ae2a9-235016937

2 Likes

Yah it was between that and fat and flours key lime pie. But this one I don’t have to drive all the way to downtown.

1 Like

Huge fan.

12 Likes

I got it! Got the whole pie from republique.

Definitely different I liked it quite a bit but maybe doesn’t enter my all time favorite pies.

6 Likes

Panettone available starting from 12/10. Has anyone ever tried theirs or is it a new item?

2 Likes

Somebody talk to me about this? Are the strawberries good since they are out of season? I can’t imagine they are Harrys.

1 Like

milk chocolate croissant, hazelnut chocolate mini loaf, chicken tika masala handpie

meh

tastes ferrero rocher :heart_eyes:

decent crust…delicious savory fillings with moist chunks of spiced chicken and plump (rehydrated?) sweet raisins

strawberry passionfruit cream pie
:strawberry: < :mango:

panettone
my first time having panettone. crunchy sugary crust on top…delicate, airy, and fluffy crumb that’s very nicely perfumed with citrus and candied fruit.

cuties for scale

19 Likes

This is a late Omg… but Omg! :drooling_face: Even the dishes that weren’t a “highlight” looked yummy!

1 Like

Sh_t! I’m behind on this thread. I’ve been wanting to try it and haven’t taken my behind down to GCM in forever. :frowning_face:

A few weeks ago I discovered that Republique now offers (limited) delivery service (via a white-label offering of one of the large delivery services, I think Doordash?): https://www.republiquela.shop/s/order

You can get pastries, most of their breakfast menu, and some of their lunch menu. You do need to order a day ahead of time and they do sell out of things as the day goes on, so early bird gets the worm as far as a good selection goes. But if you don’t want to drive & engage with (likely small, but non-zero) risks of going out for takeout, you can get it delivered. Delivery fee to Studio City was ~$12, which honestly may have ended up being less than the delivery fees charged by e.g. Postmates/Doordash/etc, which are 15%+ of the subtotal. Not so great if you just want to order a few pastries, though.

6 Likes

Agree. The strawberry is very good, but the mango is just magical.

OTOH, Strawberry sorbet we got here for NYE was above reproach.

3 Likes

mpfcp alert
@TheCookie, @NYCtoLA, @butteredwaffles, @J_L, @rlw, @Hungrydrunk, @attran99, @hanhgry, @foodshutterbug

giphy (1)

18 Likes

Another FTC buy out lol

4 Likes

Mangoes are in season?!

2 Likes

No, they’re in pie. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Hmmm

1 Like

Native to Mexico, Champagne mangoes (proper name Ataulfo) are in season from late February to early August

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see what the current reports are…

1 Like

I must have missed the bat signal. Would love to see how this compares to the summer version.

2 Likes