Republique

Also tartine sycamore

1 Like

And Sycamore la brea!

Sightglass coffee is next door to Tartine Sycamore as well they have good pastries as well

1 Like

Forgot about Tartine opening up in that area. Maybe I’ll make two stops and see if anything at Tartine looks good. 3 games on Sunday. Need a lot of fuel. The croissants and morning buns I’ve had at the OG Tartine were always delicious.

3 Likes

My favorites were the salted caramel pistachio brioche and apple tartlet thing. The croissants are good but I think there are better versions. The ham and cheese croissant was stuffed to the brim with a lot of ham. The kougin aman didn’t have the great crunchy bottom as the last time I had it.

15 Likes

If you ever get up to North Hollywood, the frozen croissants at Epicurus are amaze-balls…

Apple tarlet looks wonderful.

2 Likes

Good to know. I always seen those, but have never pulled the trigger. I’ll have to grab some this week.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think there’s a better croissant experience in LA than making those at home. Chaumont’s may be technically better, but the small difference is overcome by getting these hot out of the oven. Plus, your house smells like french butter, which is a huge plus. Also highly recommend their chocolate croissants.

5 Likes

if you’re looking for the piping-hot-bake-at-home experience, @NYCtoLA recommend sui to me from former auburn pastry chef dyan ng. I thought it was a lot better than epicurus. it requires a bit more prep like proofing for 5-6 hours and applying an egg wash, but it was worth it.

she also sells them freshly baked.

13 Likes

Lou the French on the Block, just down the freeway from Epicurus, has almond & chocolate croissants that are on a different league than the frozen croissants. IMO.

4 Likes

I sorely miss that place…and being able to walk down the street for an easy breakfast and lunch. The folks there are so nice…and their pastries are insanely delicious.

Does each croissant kit contain 1 croissant? Just clarifying b/c, if so, the price is substantially different from Epicurus’s product. Still very interested in trying. :slight_smile: But I wouldn’t consider them directly comparable, in some ways.

@robert: feel free to move the non-Republique croissant talk elsewhere (since people may want a croissant-specific thread. :slight_smile: )

For the pastries yes, but we’ve discussed their service before LOL

I was referring to @Ns1 and Lou in Burbank.

2 Likes

yes just one.

mpfcp season is the best season

ezgif.com-gif-maker (53)

20 Likes

Those slices seem kinda thicc

2 Likes

also this pandan coconut mango honey cake is :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:
honey cake soaked with dark rum simple syrup, mango jam, pandan chantilly, and coconut flakes

nothing was too cloyingly sweet

15 Likes

:hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hearts:

1 Like

Email to preorder?

yep, only available on weekends though.

2 Likes