Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Trader Joes is allowing the bags but asks that you bag them. They crew will not touch them at all.

2 Likes

Is this an item that can be frozen and enjoyed later? I feel like doing a sonoratown run but we’re only a party of 2 and i want other stuff too.

1 Like

That’s funny. Because when I went to TJs last week with my own bags, I had to repeatedly state that I would bag my groceries myself because the bagger was trying to stand 2 feet from me to do it.

For all people near Irvine. Tanaka Farms has an online ordering curbside pick up option with a lot of produce available.
http://www.tanakafarms.com/curbsidepickup

3 Likes

Not sure where you are but Pizzicotto in Brentwood (310) 442-7188 did it for me. Had the spinach salad with chicken, lobster ravioli and a chicken dish. All good.

2 Likes

:sob:

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

farmers markets suspended

https://twitter.com/MayorOfLA/status/1244786150209753088

3 Likes

Thank you for posting. That’s insane.

4 Likes

That was my huge fear… there were plenty of market managers that were taking social distancing seriously. But as usual… the entitled ruin it for others. :frowning:

1 Like

Hopefully it’s only temporary and the mayor’s office can see how the well-run farmers markets are complying (at least) and allow them to re-open. Forcing everyone to an enclosed local supermarket adding to the pressure at those places (w/ inferior produce and other offerings) would be a disappointment. :frowning:

I imagine a decent number would be willing to do this, if you call and ask. I think it’d actually be better for their staff, too.

1 Like

I called Clementine in Century City and asked if they’d do this, and they were extremely happy to do so. They also had sanitizer and gloves for if you wanted to pay there.

I got a rare roast beef sandwich (one of my favorites), and some salads, frozen soups, and baked goods to go. They mentioned that they’re additionally selling pantry items like flour and yeast. So if you need anything like that, just call up as the pantry stuff isn’t on their website.

6 Likes

Gjusta and Superfine bang bang #HomeDepotParkingLotEdition

Antipasto salad

Smoked brisket banh mi (actually I cheated, half of this was eaten while walking back to my car cuz I can’t not eat it fresh)

Gjusta Italian

Escarole Pizza

Roni slices - probably my favorite in LA so far, love how you get smacked in the face with pepperoni flavor and less tomato sauce, and really good texture crust. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Of all the pepperoni slices, Superfine is tops for me. The texture of the pepperoni is also quite nice.

The feeling you get after eating awesome food surrounded by hardware.

9 Likes

California Chicken Cafe allows you “order” drive-by pick up (and to pay ahead) directly from the website. Can’t imagine they’d have a problem w/ putting the items in your trunk, if you ask.

1 Like

Disgusting. One good thing that I hope comes out of this pandemic is that predators like GrubHub go out of business. From crisis comes innovation and hopefully more economical ways for restaurants to offer delivery will emerge. I read somewhere this morning about ChowNow, based right here in Los Angeles, having some kind of platform for restaurants that is not as cost-prohibitive as GrubHub and its fellow predators.

7 Likes

Hi @A5KOBE,

Looks so good! :slight_smile: Love Superfine’s Pepperoni Pizza, and you got the Escarole Pizza as well! :slight_smile: And you got Gjusta’s Italian! :blush:

2 Likes

Whoa, Clementine has way more pantry items than I realized! I may have to go back tomorrow or the day after - I’m running low on milk and maple syrup.

4 Likes

(Pricing reference only)

2 Likes