Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

That Superfine pepperoni slice is serious business. Any other must try combos at Superfine?

1 Like
4 Likes

Hi @A5KOBE,

Superfine’s Pepperoni is the best, but we liked a few other ones also, if you want other flavors. :wink:

Their Queen Margarita + Sausage was a great combination, as was their Veganissima (they sell this one by the slice, so you can try one first and decide). :slight_smile: I posted pics of them in the Pizza thread.

1 Like

salami honey

4 Likes

Lark Cake and I have had a torrid relationship over the years, but lately they’ve really stepped up their game. Haven’t had a fail in the last 7-8 orders. Super solid especially for American buttercream plus their gorgeous.

Republique is a never fail. I think I might try to order that Mango Passionfruit thing everyone here is flipping over for my birthday (you guys better not let me down).

I love the ST Patisserie/BLP plan! Both legit!

6 Likes

Last weekend they didn’t have mangoes so call ahead!

At worse, the passionfruit raspberry cream is still knock your socks off.
Orders placed for ST and BLP. Got a strawberry-yuzu cake and an assortment of BLP burritos.
I’m off Friday for birthday weekend so we can spend the day maybe looking for a SLJ cake.

5 Likes
5 Likes

You can order alc too if you don’t want to get a whole party tray.

https://www.sonoratown.com/menu.html

1 Like

Gjusta closed for a week…

Taco Maria closed today as well. I think this is going to be a trend for many of the higher end restaurants that pivoted to pick up/to go only options.

1 Like
2 Likes

Just hit Republique. Very easy process, from parking to pickup of the preorder. The cubano wasn’t anything special, nor was the chicken salad, but the baguette and Normandy butter made it all worth it.

3 Likes

Can’t we just be in a fucking pandemic and everybody gets along?

This helps everyone. It helps large-scale suppliers who now have a ton of inventory going bad. Same with the many incredible farmers of California. It helps these independent restaurants keep some semblance of independence. And it helps many people stay within their neighborhoods and not spend so much time in a big box store.

Seeing some of the shit Health Department inspectors have complained about during inspections, it’s almost like their goal is to put themselves out of business because there are no more restaurants open.

There’s been no reaching across the aisle for restaurants in Los Angeles. I respect the need for oversight but we all have to adapt in this time. Just shutting people down doesn’t help anyone. Everyone is out to get restaurants at this point and it’s insane.

13 Likes

The article ended w/, “A spokesman for the California Restaurant Association told the I-Team it has been in talks with the health department since the weekend, hoping to find a compromise so restaurants can operate as pop-up grocery stores during the pandemic.”

I do hope some sort of compromise can be formed b/c I agree that it’s helpful to have more places selling grocery items to help keep crowds down.

7 Likes

I should have acknowledged that! You’re correct.

I think that could have been done before blindly shutting people down though.

Come to the restaurants with open hands an offer, not handcuffs.

5 Likes

Stopped by today (based on rec in this thread!), and Clementine also limits the number of customers inside to 2-3. Excellent! An employee is also sitting outside for people who have placed an order already.

Nice to have another place nearby to get some good greens!

Edit: just had some of the olive bread that came w/ my salad. Delish. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

When I was asking one of the leaders of Share a Meal what kind of restrictions non-profits face trying to give away food he told a story about a health inspector that proudly shut down people sharing fresh food that would otherwise go to waste during the 1994 Northridge earthquake. I’m not trying to foster an “us vs them” attitude and I understand that the current crisis is not apples to apples with an earthquake but that was a particularly impactful anecdote for me.

I’ve been very curious how people experiencing homelessness are faring right now since organizations like Share a Meal and SELAH have suspended service for the time being. If any folks have information or experiences like in @secretasianman’s post I’d be very curious to know because I haven’t seen any coverage on it.

5 Likes

lst dy of srvic this fridy

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-aXGfNnFgx/

1 Like

Crap. Wonder if Onda will stay open longer due to its connection to the hotel?