Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Just got an e-mail from Lucques that they are doing pick up and delivery.

Thank you for starting this thread. I’m 3K miles away and my mom is being very stubborn about staying at home. As this drags on, I think ordering delivery for her will make all this less annoying for her.

I never order delivery so I had to do a little recon work today on the various services. I live in a downtown area and within walking distance to all the restaurants.

7 Likes

Not food related (unless you are interested in buying more cookbooks), but I just got an email from Skylight Books announcing that all of their in-store author events are canceled.

BUT for all of you readers/home cooks that are staying in, they are offering free USPS media mail shipping on all books purchased through their website (skylightbooks.com) or if you choose “in-store pickup” during web checkout and give them a call when you’re out front, they will run the books out to your car curbside.

A small disclaimer for curbside pickup: “We’re making every effort to process online orders for books that are already on our shelves quickly. That said, please wait for a notification that your order is ready for pickup before heading over!”

10 Likes

I’m guessing y’all have the Edible Reno-Tahoe equivalent. They just coordinated with Yelp (I know, I know) listing all places that are going to do delivery, take out. It’s good.

2 Likes

I’ll put in my plug for Green Olive on Santa Monica Blvd. and Sepulveda, available through Doordash, Uber Eats and probably other services as well.

For the last two years, I have ordered delivery from Green Olive probably at least once a week, sometimes multiple times. Of course it depends on how far you are, but I usually can get delivery to my door within 20 minutes. I order through Doordash and have never had an issue and the food is good and holds up well to delivery. And the owner of Green Olive is a hell of a nice guy. Support small businesses!

I also often do delivery through DoorDash from Buna on Fairfax. Another owner who is a hell of a nice guy. The Buna delivery holds up fine, but delivery is longer than 20 minutes because parking is a pain on Fairfax and the delivery person has to park and get the food, plus at Buna it is usually just the couple who own the restaurant doing the cooking so they are not geared up to push the food out of the kitchen fast.

So Green Olive if I didn’t plan ahead and am going to faint if I don’t eat this second or Buna if I can wait a little longer.

I think there is a bigger demand for delivery than ever before, so wait times may be longer than usual.

2 Likes

As far as mail order goes Zingermans.com is having their spring sale. I just sent a pastrami Reuben kit to ebeth who is sheltering in place in Berkeley. Highly suggest this as it is a third off, and Zingermans is a class operation.

6 Likes

I wish I had taken pictures of our beautiful dinner tonight from Marino. We also ordered the cauliflower mushroom to which Chef Sal only adds a olive oil, pistachio and salt. Delicious.

We also picked up Lasagna Verde for 15 people for $65. Their catering menu has some great values.

4 Likes

D’Artagnan (?sp) has free shipping over $99.

1 Like

For all the OC people

5 Likes

What a dick.

4 Likes

I just sent the asshole the obligatory “you’re a f—king moron, you ignorant uneducated douchebag f—khead” PM.

Guess that makes me the same.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Their spring pea soup is also a treat when in season.

Taco Maria doing to go orders now
https://www.tacomaria.com/togo

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B90T19NBdLV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

We are taking “To-Go” orders from 3/17,Tuesday!
It will be a limited menu and limited numbers,
but we hope you’ll enjoy our meals at home. -

• *Lunch Time: Tue - Fri 12:00am - 2:00pm -
  1. Sushi Box $48.00 (10pc of chef’s Omakase sushi & 1 cut roll ) -
  • *Dinner Time: Tue - Sat 5:30pm - 7:30pm
  1. Sushi Box $48.00 (10pc of chef’s Omakase sushi & 1 cut roll )
  2. Deluxe Sushi Bento $70.00 (10pc of chef’s Omakase sushi & assorted dishes)

To order, please check Resy or call us at 310-826-4737 or Email at info@shunji-ns.com
We only have limited numbers.
So we do recommend ordering in advance!! Any questions, please call us or email us.

Unfortunately, we are UNABLE to accommodate any food restrictions

12 Likes

I saw signs indicating that Gentleman’s Clubs are still open for business. Thanks, Mayor Garcetti!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s false advertising. Unless maybe they’re giving customers hazmat suits.

2 Likes

There’s really only one way to find out.

9 Likes

I think it’s take out only.

8 Likes

Delivery would be even better. No Grabhub or Postplaymate please.

8 Likes