Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Do they have fresh crabs?

8 Likes

Sawagani

3 Likes

was hoping for kegani

4 Likes

I’m dying. Akagai in season at certain times of the month.

3 Likes

Paging @foodshutterbug! Did you see all this?

1 Like

I am getting my Shunji-san Deluxe Shushi Bento and a bottle of sake for tonight.

Planning Giorgio Baldi for tomorrow.

Pics to follow.

8 Likes

According to the gourmet snobs it’s gotta be Taiza Gani :crab: and everything else is pleb status.

Personally I prefer awabi, giant sized kuro awabi

1 Like

Is this regularly or recently because they’re overtaxed due to coronavirus restrictions?

I’ve been in a long-term relationship with Postmates. :relaxed: Easy to track, free over $20, huge amount of participating restaurants (many that don’t charge fees), immediate credit for mistakes, fairly neat appearance & clean carrier bags (I’ve seen some scary looking folks with dirty carriers from other companies, including hoity-toity delivery services).

1 Like

Thanks for the Buna delivery reminder. We haven’t made it there yet. @Nemroz really likes them too.

1 Like

Hi @chewchow -

Great delivery idea for date-night-in or a special occasion (I think they charge a service fee + we tip). We didn’t get anything as interesting as your recent orders, but it was delicious. If I find my pics I’ll post them.

I’m getting bootleg pizza tonight and riding my bicycle there to pick up.

Kills 3 birds with one stone!

4 Likes

Well, riding a bicycle just got much safer. Not too many on the rode

4 Likes

This, from Sugarfish:

"We want something different for our people — and because of your support over the years — we are in a position to attempt something different. We intend to keep 100% of our 600+ people – both salaried and hourly – even though the core of our business of dining-in is closed. Our plan starts with a four-week commitment: while hours will be trimmed in many cases, everyone will have a meaningfully paying job unless the government orders us to shut down completely.

Part of our plan is to create valuable work for our people. To that end, we are reopening our phones to take orders for pickup and delivery, and whenever possible, having our people do the delivery in addition to our regular Postmates delivery. We also have in place curbside pickup for when our guests arrive at our restaurants."

Hope they can manage to take care of their employees.

13 Likes

Wow that’s awesome!

Given that the wife has already mandated that her first post-childbirth meal in the hospital must be Sugarfish, this is happy news indeed.

3 Likes

Yeah I saw that. Very admirable!

@robert would you be willing to re-open the COVID thread?

I think it’s great that we have somewhere within our small food community to discuss larger topics that affect food among other things (esp since this board is so small that we are semi-acquainted with many posters online) or are we supposed to just stick to food?

TIA

2 Likes

Yeah it was a great ride there and back, got exercise, supported a local business, bought dinner, and had very few ppl to deal with on the road a win-win-win-win!

2 Likes

Thanks for this info, never been a huge fan of sugarfish but I might have to patronize just because of their efforts.

It was shutdown? What happened? I agree. We’re friends now. It’s nice being able to discuss a few things outside of food without the hall pass monitors getting their shoulders up. Especially since a lot of us are stuck at home. As long as it doesn’t get out-of-hand and the arguing stops. It’s what I :hearts: about the monthly What’s for Dinner? threads on Hungry Onion. It’s like stopping by the local diner to get a bite to eat and find out what’s been going on with folks. People don’t have to participate in the threads if they don’t want to.

1 Like