Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

Hi @Omotesando,

That was our impression as well trying it multiple times before the pandemic. Disappointed.

1 Like

Rossoblu is now joining the ranks:

Rossoblu is offering handmade pastas, sauces, prepared food, grocery items, wines under $35 and negronis!

Please order ahead via our website for contactless curbside pickup, Wednesday through Sunday from 3:30-8:00 pm. You can order 1 hour to 3 days in advance.

You can also visit our website for written and video instructions on how to prepare your food at home. Chef Steve and Sfoglino Francesco will be responding to questions via Instagram and our email, info@rossoblula.com.

Since we have a small team, quantities are limited and only for curbside takeout for now.

Thank you for your support!

ORDER ONLINE

TAKEOUT INSTRUCTIONS

4 Likes

Bulgarini Gelato has takeout and delivery as well, https://bulgarinigelato.com/

6 Likes

2 n/naka Kaiseki Jūbako available at retail price OR trade for Bento with Sushi box plus price difference

I managed to snag 2x n/naka bento boxes this morning. When I refreshed the page right at 10AM, the only option that showed up was the Kaiseki Jūbako. I rushed to buy it and had completed the purchase before realizing that the price was $85/box, not $38/box like I was expecting. Apparently they recently added this new higher priced option. I’m not entirely thrilled with spending $85/person right now, so I am looking to sell my 2 boxes, or trade with someone who has the cheaper box plus you would pay me the difference in price. My 2 Kaiseki Jūbako boxes are for pickup this Wednesday 4/8 at 7PM at n/naka. The total price for the two boxes, including tax and a $20 tip is $206.15.

Shoot me a message if you’re interested in buying the boxes outright, or trading plus paying the price difference if you have a reservation for the cheaper boxes. My preference is to trade with someone who has the cheaper box.

Yep, I was afraid of this too. The crowds at bigger markets ruined it for the smaller markets that were more able to practice safe crowd control.

1 Like

For those in the Valley, Hank’s is making some terrific bagels and have a quick delivery option on their website. Their construct your own gravalax sandwich is really damn good.

https://www.hanksbagels.com/

4 Likes

Operation milestone birthday was a success!
A lunch of BLP and dinner from his childhood favorite, Chris & Pitt’s. The cake was a fantastic strawberry-yuzu flavor decorated with macarons and edible gold leaf. Very befitting of a milestone birthday.
This morning’s breakfast burrito included eggs cooked in Bordier butter, cheese, leftover kalbi, BLP salsa verde, and avocado all on a BLP tortilla. That’s a dream.

8 Likes

I had never had a grilled burrito until this past wk, and it was very enjoyable. Can’t imagine how much more decadent it would’ve been w/ good butter and all those fixings! ::sigh::

2 Likes

I love the crunchy textural contrasts of a grilled burrito!

3 Likes

Onda has added a crispy rice burrito. I haven’t ordered it yet, but my friend says it was great (and enormous). FWIW, when I was there today Sergio was in the house, and she was speaking with another person about how she’s thinking about changing things up for once this dies down. Couldn’t hear too much unfortunately (physical distancing and all). I did hear her say that Nancy is doing well, which I’m sure meant Silverton and is good news. Obviously take this all with a grain of salt :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Craving in-n-out but the line was enormous. So lazily went to Burger King.

You can see first hand why California repealed that law requiring food handlers to wear gloves.

People think they are immune to carrying and transmitting bacteria and viruses and they do not wash their hands as often.

Carefully watch this next time you go out.

Tonight, the manager has gloves on. Manager handles money, the cash register, deals with customers. Manager touches microphone on her headset and then doesn’t change her gloves and starts touching things again. “I’m not handling food” she says to me after I point this out to her.

But the people who ARE handling the food are touching things that the manager touches.

Reminder: Gloves can transmit.

6 Likes

@Gr8pimpin I encountered your exact situation… at a charcuterie shop. Staff were switching back and forth from handling the raw/cured meat, and money/credit card machine. Needless to say, I sanitized the paper wrapper, and torched the hell out of my saucisson sec sausages.

You touch upon a good point. A big problem people aren’t paying attention to, is common carelessness. They don’t carefully trace their movements, in order to avoid any cross contamination. Too often, I think people have been trained into going along with the so-called ‘3 second rule’, and think there’s a degree of leeway.

I almost walked into a market a few days ago. Was told by the clerk, you can’t enter unless you put on gloves. Before she hands me the glove box, she coughs on the back of her forearm… then proceeds to pick up the box with the same hand, and motion towards me to take a glove. I walked right out.

Protect yourself! Don’t let poorly trained staff lead and direct you into getting sick. Can’t blame them afterwards if you went along with it, out of not being able to voice your disapproval.

3 Likes

Ddddeleete

AGREE!!

Two weeks ago: Costco: cashier wearing gloves, touching her face, the goods and receipts.

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’m avoiding large stores like the plague.

3 Likes

This happened to me at tartine before they closed. Cashier was wearing gloves grabbed a croissant and bagged it, then proceeded to ring me up and touch my credit card I was flabbergasted and a bit shocked. Tried to rationalize it that he had just put the gloves on but I had no way of knowing.

I walked out and then was too embarrassed to walk back in to ask for a new croissant (plus a line had formed).

3 Likes

Ricebox is slanging whole ducks that look IG sexy. Can anyone vouch?

1 Like

Saw this in my e-mail today:

Easter Celebration

PASTIERA

very traditional cake, ubiquitous in every household in Italy during Easter time.

A super moist grain cake which lasts for days.

$35 serves 6-8

$45 serves 10-12

TORTANO

Traditional Easter bread stuffed

with meats and cheeses

$35 serves 6-8

$45 serves 10-12

More traditional Easter goodies

Lamb meatballs: 6 for $18 or 12 for $35

Mom’s Peas $20 24oz or $25 32oz

Marino Home Made Lasagna $90 for 12 person tray

Lamb Chop Milanese $75 tray of 6

Traditional Easter Lunch/Dinner

Antipasto: Tortano & Mixed Olives

Spring Salad: Mix Greens, Peas, Favas, Asparagus, Pecorino Pepato

Lamb Chops Milanese or Black Cod

Farmer’s Market Veggies

Mom’s AMAZING peas

Pastiera

$49 per person

To Order

Call 323 466 8812 or email info@marinorestaurant.com

2 Likes

Marino has been a great lifeline for us.

The lasagna verde is great!

3 Likes

Here’s my csa individual farmers box picked up last week. It’s huge for 25 dollars. You can order online or purchase at their preferred pick up locations.

They are offering pickup through out the city.

https://countylineharvest.com/

9 Likes