Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

M Georgina

I :heart_eyes: their bread :baguette_bread:

View this post on Instagram

GOOD NEWS TODAY! Beginning this Friday, April 10th, we will be offering our house levain and fresh pastas for pick up! . . . . . . We’re also teaming up with one of our favorite farms, @county.line.harvest to offer CSA boxes with their produce (btw it’s the best of the best and way better than anything you’ll find at the grocery store so definitely worth checking out!) . . . . . . And it gets better... Our amazing neighbors at @flaskandfield are offering 2 and 4-packs of specially curated wines to pick up when you stop by for your pastas, loaves, and produce! . . . . . . VISIT MGEORGINA.COM/MG-SHOP for all the details and to place your order! . . . . . . Orders must be placed by Thursday at 10am for Friday afternoon pick up.

A post shared by M. Georgina (@m.georgina_dtla) on Apr 7, 2020 at 12:39pm PDT

1 Like

Making my way through my Birdie G’s prepared foods and I have to say I’m really liking the carrots fermented with buttermilk and chilies. They taste vaguely alcoholic (obviously due to the fermentation process) and don’t seem spicy on first bite, but then have a quite powerful kick of chili. I think anyone who is a chilihead will like them and it is nice where most restaurants are offering take-out of junk carbs to have a healthy prepared option. Not as enraptured with the kohlrabi kimchi, although I am going to try blending that with tuna to make a tuna salad and will probably enjoy it more.

4 Likes

I think it was robert who kindly called them to confirm for us. That miso in the soup you didn’t like is probably made by mashing this dish up.

garlic wagyu rice also available

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-WCaYpjpC3/

7 Likes

Not chow-ish or a small mom-and-pop business, but California Chicken Cafe is doing drive-by pickup at least several (if not all) of their locations.

Went to Tartine this weekend, and they are also taking social distancing very seriously. They have tape on the sidewalk outside spaced 6-ft apart, they only allow 2 parties inside, they have the credit card reader facing the customer, and they (politely) ask you to wait outside while they bag and prep your items (even stuff from the cold case). Partner saw that they do delivery, but I didn’t investigate myself.

Their green goddess dressing is also REALLY good (yes, they have salads).

3 Likes

Damn… I’ve started conflating the C19 threads… so many!

Costco is temporarily allowing priority access to our warehouses for Costco members who are healthcare workers and first responders such as police officers, EMTs and firefighters. Healthcare workers and first responders who present a Costco membership card and official identification of their role, will be allowed to move to the front of any line to enter the warehouse.

https://www.costco.com/covid-updates.html

10 Likes

I haven’t seen anything about Postmates. It seems to be the usual suspects and mostly GrubHub, GrubHub, GrubHub (hate the name anyway… it’s grubby).

But, honestly, I like reading others excursions, but I’m finally going to admit this… I loathe picking up food! Especially, with the addition of gloves and masks (yep, we’re not playin’). Fine when I’m already out or on my way to/from work, which is rare at the moment. But if I put my face on, get in the car, deal with drivers, find parking, it’s to sit down and enjoy a meal. We’re trying to order directly from restaurants… the ones that don’t insist on a delivery service. But, honestly, I’d rather cook.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday, Gurl!!!

1 Like

Haha! Not it! Thanks, @TheCookie. It was the hubs.

3 Likes

Okay… Happy Birthday, Hubs!

3 Likes

Not a restaurant, but still a pick up option. I’m getting an immersive experience/pizza party this weekend!

https://www.vampire.pizza/

In deference to my non-dairy significant other I got the vegan option. I know nothing of the food potential, but I’ve heard good things about the artistic side. Here’s hoping!

2 Likes

Just picked up dinner from OB Bear. They are not messing around. They built a plexiglass shield around their whole bar with just a small opening to hand out food. The two workers behind the bar were both wearing full on welder type shields.

They seemed to be doing steady take out business. I saw a bunch of orders bagged up ready for pick up.

9 Likes

And how was the food?

OB is always solid imo. Tong dak had perfectly crispy skin even doing takeout.

Heading into the city, again, tomorrow. Picking up desserts from SLJ. Thinking of making a return trip to Antico for pizza and ice cream. Can’t get to the Republique Tock site to order pie for Easter Sunday shut-in festivities.
Is there anything else that you fine folks recommend? Or other stops I can make while in town.

get the new pisatchio crunch ice cream from antico…better than the honey comb imo…grabbed both last night

3 Likes

It looks like they have been releasing one day at a time (e.g., for today (Friday) pickups, they released the slots Thursday late morning). You can follow their IG acct if you aren’t already, as that’s where they announce open up the slots. And unfortunately, it’s not been the same time every day - seems like they are doing this fully manually so that they can do an inventory sense check before releasing slots and availability of items.

2 Likes

@attran99 Saturday Tock reservations just opened up. Hurry

1 Like

Is République still selling groceries?