Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

yes

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-xyeEjhvNX/

10 Likes

Pie reservation acquired…and a few cocktails, too! Thanks, @js76wisco!

2 Likes

Raku bento
porridge, banh mi, brown butter mochi and provisions from porridge + puffs:

https://squareup.com/store/porridgeprovisions

4 Likes

P+P FTW. Raku is unavailable for lunch on Saturdays.
SLJ + Republiqué + Antico + P+P

Is there a way to order from Antico ahead of time? I may have missed my window to call them today. I really want the pistachio crunch @skramzlife mentioned.

2 Likes

Made the mistake of ordering delivery today from Pizzana. Really wanted to try Antico, but it was out of my delivery area and busy day so I didn’t have time to pickup, so went with Pizzana delivery through ChowNow.

Hate it when you decide to go off your diet and eat carbs and the carbs are horrible. Got the “neo margherita” pizza and it was plain unpalatable. Hated the thick soggy crust, but also just plain hated the flavor, which basically tasted like someone took some dough, half baked it and then slapped on some cheese and then topped it with burnt bread crumbs and pesto sauce. No discernible tomato. Basically tasted like eating a jar of pesto on soggy bread with an off burnt flavor thrown in for good measure.

Also ordered the chop salad which was just plain lousy for $16 - kale and lettuce didn’t taste fresh and the dressing was horrible. Pretty small salad as well for $16, although I wouldn’t have minded if it was edible.

Really surprised how bad that place was. Never again.

I called at 7:50 and got there at 8pm to pick up last night

fairly certain his pizzas come delivered not fully baked… not 100% sure but it kind of sounds like it based on your description.

You have a choice of cook at home, or ready to eat.

Churros!!!

For Valley dwellers, Mister O’s is doing a really nice takeout program including cocktails. Their smash style burger was terrific, as were the brussels. Almost more importantly for a Friday night, the cocktails were perfect.

4 Likes

I chose the fully cooked option. While the crust may have been soggier and spongier than usual because of choosing the fully cooked option rather than finish baking at home, the crust was not flavorful and the topping was horrible. I’ve been spoiled by Marta in NYC or maybe I just prefer thin crust pizza (although the quality of the cheese that Marta uses is unbelievable, so it’s not just about the crust). The cheese on the Pizzana pizza didn’t taste any different than what you would get on a supermarket frozen pizza. Bah humbug, but at least I’m now back off carbs until I make it to Marta in NYC, which may be a very, very long time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just had sugar fish in Beverly Hills rice was really bad unfortunately :frowning:

It’s always been bad

2 Likes

Well this was like fall apart not warm no vinegar flavor bad.

It used to be just ok at least the last time I had it a couple of years ago.

1 Like

SLJ -
Got the triple berry cake for Easter. Also picked up some treats for my parents.

Republiqué -
Success! Pie! Also for tomorrow. Got a few things for my parents, and cocktails for us. So excited for the cocktails.

Antico -
I called at 12:05PM and there was no more vanilla pistachio crunch :frowning: I picked up a whole meat lover’s pizza for lunch at home and a honeycomb ice cream for my parents.
The pizza was spectacular. My household polished it off rather quickly. I rewarmed it in my toaster oven to melt the cheese and crisp the crust. The kids thought the toppings were so good.

Porridge + Puffs -
Chef Minh and her team have their system locked down on point. Use your foot to open the propped up door, say hi and tell them your name. They start packing your order. I got to talk to Chef Minh for a bit and told her how excited I was for my parents to try some of her food.
The poultry and mushroom porridge with the egg was delicious! Thanks @Chowseeker1999 , @hppzz and others for your suggestions! The consistency reminded me of the chao my Mom made growing up when I was unwell. Her crispy shallots were exactly like my Mom’s. But all the other flavors were nothing like the chao I ate growing up. The flavors were a little Westernized, but very restrained. The pickled vegetables made it all sing. I enjoyed the mochi rice cakes, too…but it perhaps a touch to coconut-y. But the brown butter and mochi cake itself was lovely.

Thanks all for your recs! I left my house at 11:30 and was back by 1:30. This light traffic makes these trips so easy. Everyone was super careful. Masks, gloves, sanitizer, and tape to create safety barriers.

15 Likes

Little pick up from republique today

15 Likes

Nice pick up @skramzlife. :slight_smile: Which pie is that?

Hi @attran99,

So glad you enjoyed Porridge + Puffs! :slight_smile: Chef Minh is so nice and welcoming.

I love their porridge flavors; familiar, yet unique as well. Hope you get to try more of her menu, served piping hot at the restaurant when this is all over. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Raspberry Passionfruit cream :sunglasses:

4 Likes